Counter Strike maps in Half Life.

Wictorian

So I had this ingenious idea to copy the maps of Counter Strike in the directory of Half Life. And it worked. However you don’t get any guns then. Do you have any idea how this can be improved?

Learn Half-Life modding ... 

Counter Strike started as a Half-Life 1 mod, and evolved from there, so it's quite possible for maps to work, since it's same format. But the textures and definitions for weapons and various scripts are not stored inside map files, all that is stored in separate files that have to be loaded by the engine. 

Maps basically contain the geometry of the level (where the walls are, how light shines on things, what's pass through or not, stuff like that) 

25 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Learn Half-Life modding ... 

Counter Strike started as a Half-Life 1 mod, and evolved from there, so it's quite possible for maps to work, since it's same format. But the textures and definitions for weapons and various scripts are not stored inside map files, all that is stored in separate files that have to be loaded by the engine. 

Maps basically contain the geometry of the level (where the walls are, how light shines on things, what's pass through or not, stuff like that) 

I mean with Half Life you grab guns from the floor. How can I replicate this?

You learn how to mod, and you write a script or something so that when the player looks down at a weapon, the player gets the choice to press a key and "pick up" the weapon and then it's a series of events ... a weapon object is added into inventory with or without an amount of bullets, the weapon object on the floor is deleted or moved out of the map area (what's on the floor doesn't get moved into players hands necessarily), then you may or may not run a sequence of events to select the weapon and make it active (as if user himself pressed the keys to select the weapon) 

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

You learn how to mod, and you write a script or something so that when the player looks down at a weapon, the player gets the choice to press a key and "pick up" the weapon and then it's a series of events ... a weapon object is added into inventory with or without an amount of bullets, the weapon object on the floor is deleted or moved out of the map area (what's on the floor doesn't get moved into players hands necessarily), then you may or may not run a sequence of events to select the weapon and make it active (as if user himself pressed the keys to select the weapon) 

How do I place the weapons though? 

2 hours ago, Wictorian said:

How do I place the weapons though? 

YOU LEARN HOW TO MOD and then you do it. 

Start reading the modding documentation.  It's not a "click here" or "type that" solution, there's no point asking on forum how you do it. 

4 hours ago, mariushm said:

YOU LEARN HOW TO MOD and then you do it. 

Start reading the modding documentation.  It's not a "click here" or "type that" solution, there's no point asking on forum how you do it. 

Ok but the thing is I have to manually place them on each map so it would be very hard if there is not a shortcut.

Jesus dude.... did you even do some research? Did you at least even TRY to open a ready made map in a map editor? 

Maybe there's some transparent sticker / spray / object on the floor and the game scripts search the map for those transparent objects and spawn weapons there.

Maybe there's a transparent/ invisible cube / object / something that tells a game script " this is one of the locations where terrorists can spawn" and then the game script once it picks that location, will find flat empty areas around that invisible object and spawn the weapons and the players there.

I don't know ... but as a programmer it makes sense to me to be something like that.

Either way, the "game scripts" are not inside the maps, so without those game scripts the half-life engine has no idea how to interact with the maps.

Do some research, read some documentation. Don't expect  "type xyz in console to spawn weapons" from anyone here.