Need help with choosing parts mob/cpu

budget: 400-500ish cad

current PC specs
CASE: corsair 400d airflow
CPU: i5-8400 6c/6t (stock cooler)
GPU: rtx 3060 12gb(8pin)
MOB: msi h310 pro-vdh(matx)
RAM: corsair vengance lpx 2666 mhz 8x2 (ddr4)
PSU: thermaltake gf1 750w(modular)
Storage
hdd: 1 1tb(sata) 1 5tb external(usb)
ssd: 256gb(sata)
other stuff
fans: 6x sp120 rgb pro connected to corsair commander pro xt

Just got new case and gpu now im cpu bottle necked aswell as 2666mhz is my max for my ram. what would be a reasonable upgrade for my mob and cpu. i just need something that offers good performance but isn't crazy expensive. only thing i care about is that it at least supports my current drives and psu and have 5 usb ports min, possibly ram but that is my next upgrade after anyways. also i dont really care for overclocking or rgb or needing onbaord wifi. also im fine with either intel or amd

You could get a i5-12400F paired with a LGA1700 motherboard that supports DDR5 and buy a cheap 2x8GB DDR5 kit

I wouldn't go for DDR5 with your available budget.

I would recommend getting a 12th Gen CPU with the possibility to upgrade to 13th Gen later on.

You can also reuse that RAM, i don't think upgrading to a faster Kit would bring to much performance and just use the money for a better CPU, Board and Cooler for future Upgrades.

You can always Upgrade your RAM later on or try to overclock your existing Kit.

With that you get a very decent CPU which is enough for the games you're playing and even for a possible GPU upgrade later on.

With that board and Cooler you'll even be able to get a 13th Gen CPU in the future.

Sadly I'm a bit over your budget of 500 CAD with this one.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/sfxMwc

Another possibilty is to go with AMD and new RAM and save you some money.

Here you have to keep in mind that you might have to use different RAM depending on what you have. I just put in some RAM, but you have to double check depending on which Motherboard you'll get.

AMD has problems with incompatible RAM. You can check the QVL from the Motherboard Manufacturer for compatibility.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/vPyyVw