Is it worth the wait for 4060?

WoofyDaTechHound

Right now i have a 1660 super and its starting to get bottlenecked on the 6gb of vram. MW2 is actually unplayable on multiplayer and campaign looks like a textureless source engine game. I def wanna play before the end of the first season so i can enjoy myself and use the $100 i just spent to buy the damn thing and not miss out of new content. Ive been searching and kinda settled on the 3060 but with the 40 series knocking at our wallets, is it worth waiting more until we get a release date for the 4060. 

Also with the 12gb 3060 vs 8gb 4060, is the 8gb on the edge bottlenecking with some titles requiring so much vram. Im also planning to use vr, vtube models and streaming. I see the new ai image rendering would create frames using ai taking stress off the gpu but since this gpu has yet to be released and no testing trying to test this new feature to know if it is worth to drop vram size

It's probably coming out late spring early summer. So the worth depends on you. I'd say you could get a used 3070 right now and it would be comparable and you won't have to wait. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Apart from the estimated release date, which is mid-next year, the specs for it is still very much unclear, seeing as the 4080 12GB just got unlaunched recently.

And I agree, get used 3070 or 6700XT or 6800XT, much better value all around and you can enjoy the game as soon as possible.

If you don't want to buy used GPU, get new RX 6700 XT instead, usually around the price of new 3060 but performs closer to 3070.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

24 minutes ago, WoofyDaTechHound said:

Right now i have a 1660 super and its starting to get bottlenecked on the 6gb of vram. MW2 is actually unplayable on multiplayer and campaign looks like a textureless source engine game. I def wanna play before the end of the first season so i can enjoy myself and use the $100 i just spent to buy the damn thing and not miss out of new content. Ive been searching and kinda settled on the 3060 but with the 40 series knocking at our wallets, is it worth waiting more until we get a release date for the 4060. 

Also with the 12gb 3060 vs 8gb 4060, is the 8gb on the edge bottlenecking with some titles requiring so much vram. Im also planning to use vr, vtube models and streaming. I see the new ai image rendering would create frames using ai taking stress off the gpu but since this gpu has yet to be released and no testing trying to test this new feature to know if it is worth to drop vram size

aint no fucking way this shit costs 100 dollars... this is why I like the older games when it only costed 10 bucks for a baller valve game... and whats so bad about a source game? Portal and Portal 2 still holds up today in terms of graphics... also you may wanna consider just keep saving the money, and then buy like a 4090 or something cause future proofing. Look at the 10 series cards. 1060 feels like shit but the 1080 dont seem so bad... save your money and wait. you can deal with crap textures. Try lowering the resolution to 1080p and then your VRAM will feel more significant.

1 minute ago, Popo576 said:

aint no fucking way this shit costs 100 dollars... this is why I like the older games when it only costed 10 bucks for a baller valve game... and whats so bad about a source game? Portal and Portal 2 still holds up today in terms of graphics... also you may wanna consider just keep saving the money, and then buy like a 4090 or something cause future proofing. Look at the 10 series cards. 1060 feels like shit but the 1080 dont seem so bad... save your money and wait. you can deal with crap textures. Try lowering the resolution to 1080p and then your VRAM will feel more significant.

70 for just the game, 100 for all the bonus shit which seems worth it. includes the battle pass, 50 levels, gun stuff. At 1080p, lowest of all settings i still cant actually play pvp bc of such low frames

Also with the 1060, its still the most used gpu according to steam hardware survey for september 2022 with like 7% of all users.

Just now, WoofyDaTechHound said:

70 for just the game, 100 for all the bonus shit which seems worth it. includes the battle pass, 50 levels, gun stuff

i see i see. Well, you have the game and its not going away. Wait till you have enough for a non XX60 card and get yourself something better. Its always gonna be there and you can appreciate the good graphics when you get a better card. For now, play the game for the game, not for the graphics

1 minute ago, Popo576 said:

i see i see. Well, you have the game and its not going away. Wait till you have enough for a non XX60 card and get yourself something better. Its always gonna be there and you can appreciate the good graphics when you get a better card. For now, play the game for the game, not for the graphics

Thing is im wanting to get a card like soon so i dont lose the battlepass as i dont even wanna really play the game bc of how bad it is. Im capping my vram at 100% rn, 5.5gb is starting to show bottlenecks in other games also

Just now, WoofyDaTechHound said:

Thing is im wanting to get a card like soon so i dont lose the battlepass as i dont even wanna really play the game bc of how bad it is. Im capping my vram at 100% rn, 5.5gb is starting to show bottlenecks in other games also

Lower. The. Resolution. If you lower the resolution then your VRAM can handle itself

I have a 1660 super and played the beta with no problem.  What is your cpu?

3 minutes ago, JKRsega said:

I have a 1660 super and played the beta with no problem.  What is your cpu?

2700x

I don't think that should cause any problems.  Guide spec is Ryzen 5 1400.  How much ram do you have as minimum is 8 and 12 is recommended.

Get an RX6600XT or RX6700XT. These cards are such great value right now. I bought a secondhand RX6800 for less than 6700XT money, and the thing is overkill for 1080P. Loving the card to bits.

Case: Lian Li O11-dynamic mini | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX6800 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550 E-Gaming | Memory: 32Gb 3600Mhz G. SKILL Trident Z | PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum | Cooling: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 | Case fans: Lian Li Unifans