Flexible coax?

Sarra

I've got a Coax cable that runs from a wall jack to my modem. I wish to relocate the modem by around 3 feet, but the cable is exceedingly stiff. I also want the modem facing 180° from the direction of travel of the cable, IE, cable would have to make a 180° turn to get to the modem. This is all inside. Is there a more flexible coax cable I can get that will make this easier, or is coax cable going to always be stiff?

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

1 minute ago, emosun said:

You can bend coax cable its literally just a solid wire inside

I was hoping to get a shorter cable as well. I guess I'll just bend it and loop it, for the slack.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

You can bend it, A BIT ... definitely don't do 90 degree angles with it or any small loops ... there is a solid core wire in the middle, wrapped in an insulator and then there's another mesh of wires around that insulator ... if you bend too hard you can break the mesh or the insulator.

Pick up a short RG59 cable. It's thinner and more pliable than the quad shield RG6 modern home infrastructure is made with. As a tradeoff it's not as good for signal integrity, but you're only going a couple feet so it's fine. You might even be able to find something with a stranded core instead of a solid conductor inside, which will be even more flexible, but those might be more expensive.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

8 hours ago, Sarra said:

Is there a more flexible coax cable I can get that will make this easier, or is coax cable going to always be stiff?

If you want the best signal the cable is going to be stiff. RG6 and RG11 have a lot of shielding and such to protect signal integrity. RG59 might be a bit more palatable but its going to potentially cause issues with the signal going to your modem, Such as more noise and such. I have some RG59 on the line my modem is on and I have noise in my signal, just not bad enough to cause issues. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.