Ads as a premium member.

kjmclaws

I installed netguard to limit certain apps from using internet and killing my battery in the background. I was using YouTube Vanced because their shorts don't have issues with accessibility controls. I opened the normal YouTube app and there's ads on my home page.

Screenshot_20221027-095932_YouTube.jpg

Try deleting app data from YouTube, maybe something screwed up.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

13 minutes ago, kjmclaws said:

I installed netguard to limit certain apps from using internet and killing my battery in the background. I was using YouTube Vanced because their shorts don't have issues with accessibility controls. I opened the normal YouTube app and there's ads on my home page.

Screenshot_20221027-095932_YouTube.jpg

set vpn on russia, i dont get ads in youtube now (also pictures from community posts and pfps of vifdeo makers) (btw its free way to remove ads)

you can either try to clear all the app data and re setup youtube or maybe try with the VPN disabled (i mean, google already knows where you are, if thats your concern)

hey! i know to use a computer

On 10/27/2022 at 10:42 AM, hirushaadi said:

you can either try to clear all the app data and re setup youtube or maybe try with the VPN disabled (i mean, google already knows where you are, if thats your concern)

After restarting my phone the ads seem to have gone away. It seemed as though it didn't realize I was signed in. (It even said I don't have ad's personalized, when I do.) The netguard was mainly to stop a specific solitaire app from loading a gigabyte of ads. (It was at .1gb after just a day)