Is it ok to use this charger for my electronics

AlexStarr

I am planning to buy a charger for most of my electronic (phones:Z fold 3, laptop: lenovo legion 5 pro and tablet: galaxy tab s7+)

I saw this charger that is a ugreen 100w charger is it safe for my phone which charges at 25 watt max will the battery explode due to over wattage

No it will not explode, it will be fine. The phones/laptops/tablets and the charger do a simple handshake every time and they ask the charger for however many volts/amps they need. Just if you plan to charge your laptop through USB C make sure you buy a cable that actually supports 100W charging, many of them do not. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

1 hour ago, ZetZet said:

No it will not explode, it will be fine. The phones/laptops/tablets and the charger do a simple handshake every time and they ask the charger for however many volts/amps they need. Just if you plan to charge your laptop through USB C make sure you buy a cable that actually supports 100W charging, many of them do not. 

What would happen if my cable doesn't support till 100w

I see a wording problem causing confusion.

The actual charger is in the phone (or in an electric car) and is smart enough to know the battery, it's state, temperature etc. Based on that it controls voltage and current going into the battery.

What OP looked at is the power supply that provides 5V, 12V or whatever DC as opposed to the 120 or 230 V AC. That PS knows nothing about the battery or device. The only smart part is to coordinate with the phone what voltage and current based on what standard to deliver. The phone built in charger takes it from there.

If you have a 12V car battery charger for a regular ICE car, that device actually is powersupply and smart charger in one. The good ones anyway. It gets connected to the battery directly and doesn't use the car's alternator"s charging controller. But this is unlike most electrical devices.

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

4 minutes ago, AlexStarr said:

What would happen if my cable doesn't support till 100w

it would get hot, and then melt, and possibly catch on fire. but that is if the device is also drawing more than the cable can support.

If your question is answered, mark it so.  | It's probably just coil whine, and it is probably just fine |   LTT Movie Club!

Read the docs. If they don't exist, write them. | Professional Thread Derailer

Desktop: i7-8700K, RTX 2080, 16G 3200Mhz, EndeavourOS(host), win10 (VFIO), Fedora(VFIO)

Server: ryzen 9 5900x, GTX 970, 64G 3200Mhz, Unraid.

*** Thread cleaned ***

Off-topic discussion has been split to its own discussion.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

As long as the voltage is the same, the current can be higher (but not lower for proper functionality). The devices will only draw as much as they can draw, no more. As such, don't worry about the power draw of your device vs the power output of the device. It's not like it's outputting 100W to everything all the time.
It's why you can plug a lamp to the wall, that's 120V and can draw 0.5A even though the circuit breaker is 15A.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Nothing had will happen, devices only draw hads much power as they need, not the entirety of what the charger can supply.

100w means it can deliver up to it.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I finally ended up getting the charger but its just a 65w when i charger my phone z fold 3 using the 45w type c port its started making this hissing noise but when i charge my laptop with it its fine

Is this normal

3 hours ago, AlexStarr said:

I finally ended up getting the charger but its just a 65w when i charger my phone z fold 3 using the 45w type c port its started making this hissing noise but when i charge my laptop with it its fine

Is this normal

Merged to original. We don't allow more than one thread per subject.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv