I7-13700k reach 100c and throttle in cinebench on AIO 360. Is this normal?

pureexe

I just upgrade to i7-13700k and pair with Arctic liquid freezer 360. 
Temperature is 100c when i ran the cinebench without any overclock. 
I want to know is this normal to get thermal throttle out-of-the-box or i just do something wrong with liquid cooler / case airflow 

Here is the tempurature

Spoiler

image.png.22f1268eda4ab3caff7d79056d24a927.png

Here is a picture of my setup:

Airflow is

- bottom intake for fresh air

- side exhaust for GPU AIO

- top exhaust for CPU AIO

- there is no rear fan. It cannot fit because top AIO is too thick.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.c18bdf018d6d8e9eb82cfdc45ab00bae.jpeg

Note that, i already install a "bracket" from thermal right to solve the mounting  pressure problem on LGA1700 

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.88ba9d8d0488b77b0b4d062a3e0ffe9b.jpeg

I'd take the water block off the CPU and make sure it's making good contact.  The same thing happened to me a long time ago installing a regular tower cooler, and I found that the base was resting on a capacitor and prevented it from making good contact with the CPU.  A slight position shift fixed it.

Looking at TPU review it seems like 100C is the new normal for Raptor Lake https://www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i9-13900k/23.html

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Silly question, but are you sure the pump is working properly?  Maybe it's plugged in but not running?  Check connections, make sure it's plugged into the PUMP header, check RPM feedback in bios (if there is any).  Silly issues are the ones most often overlooked.

Beautiful build, btw.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T 

47 minutes ago, pureexe said:

I just upgrade to i7-13700k and pair with Arctic liquid freezer 360. 
Temperature is 100c when i ran the cinebench without any overclock. 
I want to know is this normal to get thermal throttle out-of-the-box or i just do something wrong with liquid cooler / case airflow 

Here is the tempurature

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.22f1268eda4ab3caff7d79056d24a927.png

Here is a picture of my setup:

Airflow is

- bottom intake for fresh air

- side exhaust for GPU AIO

- top exhaust for CPU AIO

- there is no rear fan. It cannot fit because top AIO is too thick.

Hide contents

image.thumb.jpeg.c18bdf018d6d8e9eb82cfdc45ab00bae.jpeg

Note that, i already install a "bracket" from thermal right to solve the mounting  pressure problem on LGA1700 

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.88ba9d8d0488b77b0b4d062a3e0ffe9b.jpeg

It looks a little cramped for airflow and it's a furnace of a CPU. All the reviewers are seeing it throttle instantly under full load, I am not surprised by those numbers

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

6 hours ago, VIVO-US said:

I'd take the water block off the CPU and make sure it's making good contact.  The same thing happened to me a long time ago installing a regular tower cooler, and I found that the base was resting on a capacitor and prevented it from making good contact with the CPU.  A slight position shift fixed it.

I will disassembly it to check. thank you for suggestion.

6 hours ago, ZetZet said:

Looking at TPU review it seems like 100C is the new normal for Raptor Lake https://www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i9-13900k/23.html

5 hours ago, Jeppes said:

They wanted to max out performance in benchmarks so it runs 100C.

Seem like i should not worry about the tempurature.  It very high by design. i guess.

5 hours ago, CHICKSLAYA said:

It looks a little cramped for airflow and it's a furnace of a CPU. All the reviewers are seeing it throttle instantly under full load, I am not surprised by those numbers

I'm not sure if this is too cramp. but my build only have cool and fresh air inside because AIO on CPU and GPU already set to exhaust.

6 hours ago, LapsedMemory said:

Silly question, but are you sure the pump is working properly?  Maybe it's plugged in but not running?  Check connections, make sure it's plugged into the PUMP header, check RPM feedback in bios (if there is any).  Silly issues are the ones most often overlooked.

Beautiful build, btw.

Pump is work fine. it is not hitting 100c while gaming. it's only happend when benchmark.

• 1 month later...

I see the same behaviour on mine with 360 AIO. instant 100c on some of the core (C23 multi core test). Did you figure it out? tested making sure? Should I also go for  thermal right, though it doesn't seem like it reduced it. I saw some posts of undervaulting reduces to 75c with no performance impact (fairly surprising)...

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-06 at 09.50.39.jpg