does windows defender work better that 3rd party antivirus software

bigstinga77

I got some replies on my last post about this and they sad that windows defender will do the job for antivirus but I want to know if a 3rd party antivirus software would protect my pc better 

Im gonna be honest, people who need an anti-virus are pretty much people who probably shouldnt be using the internet. Dont click on ads, have ad blocker, and dont go on sketchy sites, you will never get malware or a virus. That is pretty much it, thats why windows defender is pretty much fine because it has all the things you may actually need and thats it.

Anti-Virus is now pretty much a Scam since they do pretty much nothing, if you use the internet in a proper manner you wont ever need it. Ad Blockers do pretty much the bulk of the work.

5 minutes ago, bigstinga77 said:

I got some replies on my last post about this and they sad that windows defender will do the job for antivirus but I want to know if a 3rd party antivirus software would protect my pc better 

If you need a proper antivirus to be on the internet you should really follow a course on what to do and not to do on the internet.

An antivirus isnt magic it will protect you from most generic things but once you as  person let something malicious in even the best is unlikely to stop it.

So yes windows defender is plenty good if you are critical of your internet browsing. If you arent well go follow a course on how to be.

Another helpfull thing is using firefox + ublock origin as this blocks all adds and lots of malicious content (whilst almost never being seen as an adblocker) and firefox is very hardcore focused on safe browsing and blocking malicious content.

Chrome will remove a lot of functionality from its adblockers and will force adds through malicious or not. So I do not recommend it.

Oh and btw firefox is not slower than chrome just in case people tell you that.

When it comes to pure capability its fully on par with, if not better than, any other free AV software. 

So if you are decently internet literate and not in a position that require extra security(public person, storing sensitive information etc.), it will be enough.

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

Windows defender is usually fine on it's own. Never pay for any antivirus tho. What I do is get an ad and popup blocker extension on google, and got malwarebytes for free. So essentially it's more than enougb