Vessi

Worstcaster
13 minutes ago, Worstcaster said:

boots for work (paramedic)

Most likely not.  They aren't safety rated at all either.  I guess if you're just doing geriatric interfacility transfers they'd be fine.  Get yourself a good pair of real boots with that money. 

12 hours ago, Heliian said:

Most likely not.  They aren't safety rated at all either.  I guess if you're just doing geriatric interfacility transfers they'd be fine.  Get yourself a good pair of real boots with that money. 

Thanks for replying.

9 hours ago, YellowJersey said:

My 2 cents: I'd never buy a pair of shoes that I haven't tried on first.

Thanks for replying.  Unfortunately I live in a rural area and other than Walmart it is an hour drive to try on a pair of shoes no matter what.

1 hour ago, Worstcaster said:

Got regular boots instead.

Probably a good idea.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

13 hours ago, Worstcaster said:

Got regular boots instead.

Since you're out in the field I would suspect your employer would expect maybe some sort of CSA certification at the least. I do know of some friends who work in hospitals who do wear Vessis, but of course that's a more controlled environment. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

3 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Since you're out in the field I would suspect your employer would expect maybe some sort of CSA certification at the least. I do know of some friends who work in hospitals who do wear Vessis, but of course that's a more controlled environment. 

Nope, no safety certifications needed.  Only requirements are black boots.

On 10/24/2022 at 5:34 AM, YellowJersey said:

My 2 cents: I'd never buy a pair of shoes that I haven't tried on first.

Surely you can ship them back if they don't fit well?

His question is more about longterm use.

9 hours ago, Neroon said:

Surely you can ship them back if they don't fit well?

His question is more about longterm use.

Probably. That's why I just said it was my two cents.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

52 minutes ago, YellowJersey said:

Probably. That's why I just said it was my two cents.

Yeah that's not how that works. He wants feedback on the quality of the shoes, and you reply with that you would test fit them first, which should be an obvious, because you always want to test fit them before buying/keeping them.

On 10/23/2022 at 7:52 PM, Worstcaster said:

Has anyone tried these vessi high top shoes? 

https://vessi.com/products/mens-weekend-chelsea-asphalt-black-on-black

I need to wear boots for work (paramedic) and they look like they might pass.  I also enjoy hiking and would probably wear these on a hike (NY Catskills rough wet terrain).  Thoughts?

Wouldn't you be required to get CSA or UL certified steel toe/toe cap work boots, as a paramedic? Hell, I work in IT, and I need a pair of steel toe boots every now and then.

Anyway, these look like decent rainy weather boots, but I likely wouldn't consider them good work boots. Kind of depends what kind of torture they'll experience at work vs off work.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

11 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Wouldn't you be required to get CSA or UL certified steel toe/toe cap work boots, as a paramedic? Hell, I work in IT, and I need a pair of steel toe boots every now and then.

Anyway, these look like decent rainy weather boots, but I likely wouldn't consider them good work boots. Kind of depends what kind of torture they'll experience at work vs off work.

Steel toe for paramedic? Well, I guess there's the possibility you'd enter a construction site, but safety shoes wouldn't have occurred to me for that profession at all.

No, special requirements other than black boot for uniformity.  I just bought a set of Thorogoods, so I'm OK for about 6 months to a year.  If anybody has actually tried the Vessi shoes, I am interested about what people thought of them.