A build for 4k gaming.

Vibora

Budget (including currency): N/A

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 4k gaming, a bit of VMs

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): CPU will be 13900k, its not on the site yet apparently. Any suggestions and thoughts on this build are accepted ❤️ 

Well the gpu appears to be just simply chosen based on price as the liquid aio doesn't offer much other than padding out whatever the budget is supposed to be.

Don't think there's a single thing in that system you realistically should buy. 

1. The 13700K is faster in every way compared to the 12900and $50 less. 
  2. There are better AIOs out there for less. 
  3. Why are you going for a high end DDR4 based system? High speed DDR5 that will perform better is available for less than that kit of DDR4. 
  4. Swapped out the motherboard for a mid range Z790 board (this isn't necessary, a cheaper Z690 board is still a valid choice, my reasoning behind the Z790 board though is that with DDR5 the improved memory topologies on Z790 will help a bit if you ever want to go for a higher end kit of DDR5, say a kit that does 7600MT/s).
  5. The Crucial P5 Plus is about as fast and $30 less, might as well save some money. 
  6. $2850 for a 4090 is ludicrous, you can save $600 by going for the Zotac card (still a very solid card that will perform almost identically) or you can wait about a month and just get the FE card for $1600. 
  7. I'd have a hard time recommending the 5000T over a mesh based case, especially if you're gonna be running components that will realistically need a 1000W power supply. Go for something more along the lines of a Meshify 2 instead
  8. I'd want a different PSU. You can either go for one that's designed around the ATX 3.0 standard with the PCIe 5.0 cables, or you can go for one that's 80+ Titanium. Both options are cheaper than that unit and would be preferred. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hKCfGL

This is almost $1000 less and will perform better. 

2 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Don't think there's a single thing in that system you realistically should buy. 

1. The 13700K is faster in every way compared to the 12900and $50 less. 
  2. There are better AIOs out there for less. 
  3. Why are you going for a high end DDR4 based system? High speed DDR5 that will perform better is available for less than that kit of DDR4. 
  4. Swapped out the motherboard for a mid range Z790 board (this isn't necessary, a cheaper Z690 board is still a valid choice, my reasoning behind the Z790 board though is that with DDR5 the improved memory topologies on Z790 will help a bit if you ever want to go for a higher end kit of DDR5, say a kit that does 7600MT/s).
  5. The Crucial P5 Plus is about as fast and $30 less, might as well save some money. 
  6. $2850 for a 4090 is ludicrous, you can save $600 by going for the Zotac card (still a very solid card that will perform almost identically) or you can wait about a month and just get the FE card for $1600. 
  7. I'd have a hard time recommending the 5000T over a mesh based case, especially if you're gonna be running components that will realistically need a 1000W power supply. Go for something more along the lines of a Meshify 2 instead
  8. I'd want a different PSU. You can either go for one that's designed around the ATX 3.0 standard with the PCIe 5.0 cables, or you can go for one that's 80+ Titanium. Both options are cheaper than that unit and would be preferred. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hKCfGL

This is almost $1000 less and will perform better. 

1, I want to go with the 13900k as I mentioned in the first post.
About the CPU AIO and Case id rather go with Corsair products just so RGB syncing would be much much easier for me. 

Just now, Vibora said:

1, I want to go with the 13900k as I mentioned in the first post.
About the CPU AIO and Case id rather go with Corsair products just so RGB syncing would be much much easier for me. 

Didn't notice the 13900K statement in the first post.

As for the case and AIO, you can buy Corsair fans to put in them instead of the ones that come with the case. It will still get you better performance by doing that rather than using Corsair's case and AIO that comes with them. If you want to do that, I'd probably swap the case and AIO for the non-RGB versions to save a buck (it won't matter anyway, they'll all perform the same). 

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Didn't notice the 13900K statement in the first post.

As for the case and AIO, you can buy Corsair fans to put in them instead of the ones that come with the case. It will still get you better performance by doing that rather than using Corsair's case and AIO that comes with them. If you want to do that, I'd probably swap the case and AIO for the non-RGB versions to save a buck (it won't matter anyway, they'll all perform the same). 

By the way, is their a specific reason why I should go with a mesh based case? An explanation would be appreciated so I could understand 

ddr5, and probably go with 1200w psu the 13900k draws 350w stock and the 4090 can go up to 600w if u oc

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

40 minutes ago, Vibora said:

By the way, is their a specific reason why I should go with a mesh based case? An explanation would be appreciated so I could understand 

Mesh based cases allow for more airflow into the system than ones with glass covering the intakes. The more air that can move through your computer, the better your temps, and with roughly 900W worth of CPU and GPU, you're gonna need all the airflow you can get to keep that machine cool.

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

Mesh based cases allow for more airflow into the system than ones with glass covering the intakes. The more air that can move through your computer, the better your temps, and with roughly 900W worth of CPU and GPU, you're gonna need all the airflow you can get to keep that machine cool.

Would you recommend a specific RAM mhz I should go for?

2 minutes ago, Vibora said:

Would you recommend a specific RAM mhz I should go for?

It's a little complicated. 

If you want to do RAM overclocking, get a 5600MT/s kit and overclock the snot out of it, any kit rated 5600MT/s should be able to do 6200MT/s with ease, and can sometimes do as well as 7000MT/s+. You can more or less ignore the primary timings, they matter a little but frequency is king when it comes to DDR5, and the secondary timings (things that aren't advertised in an XMP) are right behind frequency in terms of performance impact. 

If you just wanna enable XMP and call it a day, it will depend on what motherboard you're gonna get. If you're going for a 4 DIMM Z690 board, I'd stick with a 6400MT/s or slower kit, you can probably get by with a faster kit but given how decidedly first gen those Z690 memory topologies were, it's probably best to stay 6400MT/s or lower. If you're gonna go Z790, get the fastest kit you can afford, though I'd probably stick to something below 7600MT/s for the best compatibility. If you're getting a 2 DIMM board (something like a Z690 Tachyon, Z690 Unify-X, Z690/Z790 Dark, Z690/Z790 Apex, any ITX board, etc.) get the fastest kit you can afford, those boards will run basically any memory frequency you try to with ease. 

6 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

It's a little complicated. 

If you want to do RAM overclocking, get a 5600MT/s kit and overclock the snot out of it, any kit rated 5600MT/s should be able to do 6200MT/s with ease, and can sometimes do as well as 7000MT/s+. You can more or less ignore the primary timings, they matter a little but frequency is king when it comes to DDR5, and the secondary timings (things that aren't advertised in an XMP) are right behind frequency in terms of performance impact. 

If you just wanna enable XMP and call it a day, it will depend on what motherboard you're gonna get. If you're going for a 4 DIMM Z690 board, I'd stick with a 6400MT/s or slower kit, you can probably get by with a faster kit but given how decidedly first gen those Z690 memory topologies were, it's probably best to stay 6400MT/s or lower. If you're gonna go Z790, get the fastest kit you can afford, though I'd probably stick to something below 7600MT/s for the best compatibility. If you're getting a 2 DIMM board (something like a Z690 Tachyon, Z690 Unify-X, Z690/Z790 Dark, Z690/Z790 Apex, any ITX board, etc.) get the fastest kit you can afford, those boards will run basically any memory frequency you try to with ease. 

Thanks, ill probably go for a Z790 one and 7200 mhz