Looking for new Headphones

Lecom1020

Im back at it again after my unsuccessful attempt with the Sennheiser hd 650 im looking for a new pair of headphones 

I mainly use the headphones for gaming and movies little bit of music mixed in 

i tried the following headphones:

-Sennheiser HD650 

i like the sound but the wires are a big problem for me my pc is to the right so the cable from the left earcup rubs against my throat and after a long session it starts to hurt

and over the last year i realized i prefer closed backs a bit more 

-Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250

The sound was ok not really Good not really bad 

-n7000 nc2 

after 2 defective pairs i stopped trying

HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless

Good battery life but had a slight background noise when nothing is playing 

What im searching for:

1 Cable from the left or right earcup (not like the Sennheiser's where a cable is connected to each earcup.

Prefer Closed Backs but semi open or open are ok too 

Wired

Max 500€

22 minutes ago, Lecom1020 said:

Im back at it again after my unsuccessful attempt with the Sennheiser hd 650 im looking for a new pair of headphones 

-Sennheiser HD650 

i like the sound but the wires are a big problem for me my pc is to the right so the cable from the left earcup rubs against my throat and after a long session it starts to hurt

-n7000 nc2 

What im searching for:

1 Cable from the left or right earcup (not like the Sennheiser's where a cable is connected to each earcup.

Wired

Max 500€

i use a hyper x cloud 2 for gaming and maybe podcast vids, but for tv shows and music i honestly use my wireless skullcandy sesh or the wired inks due to no bass response on the hypers, havent really messed with other stuff as if im not using headphones i have custom dayton audio bookshelfs i use

but i can say the 7.1 mode on the hyper x is great for finding enemies even using only 1 headset so you can still hear outside noise if needed

4 hours ago, Lecom1020 said:

-Sennheiser HD650 

-n7000 nc2 

What im searching for:

Wired

Max 500€

akg k612 pro

custom audio interconnects – periaptcables

Hart Audio Cables | Quality Custom Headphone Cables & Interconnects

They make semi custom cables or completely custom cables to order.  Don't hesitate to request a custom cable because it's the same going rate as their regular stuff.  I have cables from both and love each company.  Periapt uses thick hefty cables while hart uses a thinner lighter cable that is a modular system incase you need to change sources or headphones or add an extension.  Neither is better than the other and pricing is similar on each.

There is literally no reason to give up a 650 because of the cable.

(I don't know where you are located so that might put these companies out of reach, but I can ask around for some comparable companies in your location)

*edit: if you MUST get new headphones I think that the Rode NTH-100 is a steal at $150usd and it has a cable that can go left or right.  They really are amazing headphones esp at the price.

Or with your budget you could get an amp and dac and move the plug closer to you while getting so much more out of your 650 and even the 770

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

13 hours ago, Psittac said:

custom audio interconnects – periaptcables

Hart Audio Cables | Quality Custom Headphone Cables & Interconnects

They make semi custom cables or completely custom cables to order.  Don't hesitate to request a custom cable because it's the same going rate as their regular stuff.  I have cables from both and love each company.  Periapt uses thick hefty cables while hart uses a thinner lighter cable that is a modular system incase you need to change sources or headphones or add an extension.  Neither is better than the other and pricing is similar on each.

There is literally no reason to give up a 650 because of the cable.

(I don't know where you are located so that might put these companies out of reach, but I can ask around for some comparable companies in your location)

*edit: if you MUST get new headphones I think that the Rode NTH-100 is a steal at $150usd and it has a cable that can go left or right.  They really are amazing headphones esp at the price.

Or with your budget you could get an amp and dac and move the plug closer to you while getting so much more out of your 650 and even the 770

i absolutely love the hd650s the only negative point for me is the cable i prefer closed back headphones but if i can get the hd 650s to work without the cable problem then i see no need to switch 

and btw im in germany 

and btw the problem is not the cable length the cable comes from the right side (not possible to put it from the front or back) so the cable from the left earcup is constantly rubbing against my throat aready msg hart audio cables if they can make a cable where the split (where it splits from 1 to 2)is a bit later in the cable stock cable the split is at about 25cm and when the split is at about 60cm i can glue or zip tie the cable from the left earcup on the headband and put it over to the right side 

55 minutes ago, Lecom1020 said:

i absolutely love the hd650s the only negative point for me is the cable i prefer closed back headphones but if i can get the hd 650s to work without the cable problem then i see no need to switch 

and btw im in germany 

and btw the problem is not the cable length the cable comes from the right side (not possible to put it from the front or back) so the cable from the left earcup is constantly rubbing against my throat aready msg hart audio cables if they can make a cable where the split (where it splits from 1 to 2)is a bit later in the cable stock cable the split is at about 25cm and when the split is at about 60cm i can glue or zip tie the cable from the left earcup on the headband and put it over to the right side 

get a dac and amp and run a usb cable to under your monitor, your 650 will thank you and problem solved

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

23 hours ago, Lecom1020 said:

-Sennheiser HD650 

-n7000 nc2 

What im searching for:

Wired

Max 500€

Rode NTH-100

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

You can check out AKG K553 MKII. I have been using AKG K553 Pro (first generation, MKII is second) for over 5 years. As several reviewers have said, these headphones are mmmmidrange headphones. The mids sound very nice, especially the guitars. The highs sounds ok, but not as good as open-back headphones such as the Beyerdynamics DT 1990 Pro's. The lows may seem a bit lacking at first, but I personally like that the bass is not too intrusive.

Did you go with anything?

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

On 10/19/2022 at 2:53 PM, Lecom1020 said:

-Sennheiser HD650 

-n7000 nc2 

What im searching for:

Wired

Max 500€

Shure SRH840

3 hours ago, Psittac said:

Did you go with anything?

i ordered a couple from amazon to try them out 

NTH 100

akg k371

k553 mk2

and contacted hart audo cables for a Quote  for a custom cable for the hd650s

a person from my work offered me their dt 1770 pro and amiron wireless for a decent price are they worth to consider them 

22 minutes ago, Lecom1020 said:

a person from my work offered me their dt 1770 pro and amiron wireless for a decent price are they worth to consider them

exact price for them individually?

5 minutes ago, person123456789 said:

exact price for them individually?

amiron wireless 260€ and dt 1770 for 180€

7 minutes ago, Lecom1020 said:

amiron wireless 260€ and dt 1770 for 180€

i wouldn't recommend either

the beyerdynamic dt1770 isnt that good and for $100, you can buy the Shure SRH840

3 hours ago, Lecom1020 said:

i ordered a couple from amazon to try them out 

NTH 100

akg k371

k553 mk2

and contacted hart audo cables for a Quote  for a custom cable for the hd650s

I would seriously look into a dac/amp, it'll put your headphone jack anywhere you want it and with that many headphones you should be moving away from onboard

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

40 minutes ago, Psittac said:

I would seriously look into a dac/amp, it'll put your headphone jack anywhere you want it and with that many headphones you should be moving away from onboard

you dont need a dedicated amp to run headphones

3 hours ago, person123456789 said:

you dont need a dedicated amp to run headphones

you don't NEED it but it can improve them

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

the position of the headphone jack is fixed it can only come from the right under the desk and on the desk is not an option (it doesn't matter how long the cable is) and what do you mean with that many headphones im going to try them and im going to keep only the one i like 

i went to a person that listet some headphones on a local selling site and tried to akg headphones and didn't like them (sound was ok but they didn't feel comfortable)

and he allowed me to listen to a couple of his headphones (unfortunately only for a short time) that he was also selling 

and 2 Headphones sounded good (not enough time to really get a feel for them) and they were comfortable normally they are out of my price range 

Dan Clark Audio AEON2 Noire used like new for 600€

focal chelestee for about 500€ used like new

are they worth it to try for a longer time ?

10 hours ago, Psittac said:

you don't NEED it but it can improve them

if you have the money for an amp/dac, i would probably just spend that on better headphones

12 minutes ago, Lecom1020 said:

i went to a person that listet some headphones on a local selling site and tried to akg headphones and didn't like them (sound was ok but they didn't feel comfortable)

and he allowed me to listen to a couple of his headphones (unfortunately only for a short time) that he was also selling 

and 2 Headphones sounded good (not enough time to really get a feel for them) and they were comfortable normally they are out of my price range 

Dan Clark Audio AEON2 Noire used like new for 600€

focal chelestee for about 500€ used like new

are they worth it to try for a longer time ?

no

On 10/23/2022 at 4:13 PM, person123456789 said:

if you have the money for an amp/dac, i would probably just spend that on better headphones

today the nth-100 and SRH840 arrived 

the srh840 is going back don't like them at all and about the nth 100 im not sure yet 

and the person selling the dan clark and focal chelestee i think they really want to sell them he dropped his prices to 500 for the dan and 340 for the focal 😅

16 minutes ago, Lecom1020 said:

and the person selling the dan clark and focal chelestee i think they really want to sell them he dropped his prices to 500 for the dan and 340 for the focal 😅

nvidia moment

On 10/24/2022 at 10:47 AM, Lecom1020 said:

today the nth-100 and SRH840 arrived 

the srh840 is going back don't like them at all and about the nth 100 im not sure yet 

wtf 340 for focal celestee? are you sure thats a real celestee? sounds almost too good to be true