AMD 9970 leaked

I'm sad that they drooped the "New Zealand" codename for the ref. HD7990 :(

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

I'm sad that they drooped the "New Zealand" codename for the ref. HD7990 :(

maybe that will be for HD8990 ?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

9970 has twice the stream processors of the 7970, this will definitely out-perform Titan.

This spells trouble for Nvidia as they have been historically known to be reluctant to move to a new process node .

The GTX 280 & 260 for example were 65nm based while at the same time AMD/ATi had the 55nm based 4870 & 4850.

This point is very interesting I believe, needs to be discussed in the live stream.

Fascinating, I've actually never thought about that.... So AMD will have a really big advantage this time around, 20nm will allow them to put almost twice as much transistors on the same amount of space as 28nm, so they can theoretically make a card faster than Titan & sell it for half as much & still make a profit.

This sounds incredibly frightening if you're Nvidia V_V .

<p>A new high-res diagram has been leaked, this is legit folks :AMD-HD-9970-Hawaii-Detailed-Volcanic-Isl</p>

<p><br />

<span id="intelliTxt">The 20nm chip has 4,096 Stream Processors, four geometry engines, 16 SPUs (serial processor units), 256 TMUs, 64 ROPs and a GDDR5 interface of 512 bits. </span></p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

This sounds interesting to my ears cause im concidering an GPU upgrade but cant chose between the reds and greens.

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

This cannot come soon enough, I am genuinely excited for the 9000 series to come out.

Exciting news, im not overly surprised with not using the 8000 series naming scheme seeing as how they are suing for re branded 7000 cards for oems. They only thing im concerned about may be the price, if they do beat the titan in performance terms what price will amd want to sell them at?

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

Some 8000 parts can be found in OEM computers but never made it to the enthusiast market  :huh:

What he said, Linus has unboxed a prebuilt Acer desktop with a Radeon HD 8660(I think)~

{B t t tk Pf t B t t tk Pf tk B Pf} <--- This is my language. BEATBOXING FOR LIFE!

What he said, Linus has unboxed a prebuilt Acer desktop with a Radeon HD 8660(I think)~

Yeah the Predator G (terrible combination of hardware, I feel sorry for anyone who buys it expecting a good gaming experience for the money) and it used an 8760=7770. The 8 series is just a rebadge though, not sure if it will be used for anyone but big prebuilt pc makers.