Per-device theming

LloydLynx

Depending on which device I'm using, either a dark or light theme will look best. Sites like Youtube allow per-devce theming. Other sites, like Discord and LTT forums, change the theme for all devices that are logged in. I suggest per-device theming become a feature here. 

For example: My IPS monitor on my desktop looks best with everything being a dark theme. My laptop with its worn out TN panel, especially with auto-brightness enabled, looks best when everything is light themed.

Who else would find this a useful feature? 

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

I concur

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

A lot of websites have an 'auto' theme, which detects what theme your device is using and selects accordingly. I'd imagine there's a good reason why something like that hasn't already been implemented given it's been around for years.

I use a light theme on my 14" travel laptop as I often use it on the bus, or in places with stupidly bright lights. But on my main laptop and desktop I use a dark theme because I pretty much always use them in a dim room and it's easier on the eyes.

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue