Famliy Help Desk - Good or Bad?

So... do you guys find it fun or annoying to help your less computer literate relatives (and/or friends) with their cpmputer-related issues?

Personally, I find it to be frustrating as hell... It took me 15 minutes for me to get my mum to understand how to open Control Panel in Windows 7... Yeah... The next 30 mins wasn't fun either...

Wit is educated insolence.

I'm lucky, my mom us pretty Tech literate, she even had a Smartphone long before me.

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

I kinda like it if they ask me for help and I'm actualy able to fix it.

Intel i7-870  //  MSI GTX 670 PE       ///       Intel i7-4500U  //  GT720M

I'd rather they ask me instead of being charged ridiculous prices from companies that tend to do no more than reinstall the OS and claim that it was a viral problem to justify their lack of knowledge. 

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

I look at it as a way of learning and gaining more experience while at the same time stress testing my patience levels.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

It's annoying, yet I care about my family, so I want to help them.  They use google all day long, yet when they have a computer problem, suddenly something switches off in their brain, and they don't think of using google to find a fix for their problem.  It's quite baffling.

I'm just worried that if something were to ever happen to me, they would be so screwed.  I mean, how could they even choose a computer without my input.  I could just see them buying a laptop with a crappy atom processor and then wondering why it's so slow.