Backpack luggage strap suggestion - perhaps a more elegant solution

Starlionblue

I am very keen on the backpack, and I will almost certainly buy it. I know that I am nitpicking here, but I do feel that a more elegant solution for the luggage strap was available.

The current solution with the removable strap is fine, but I think that my current Victorinox backpack solves this in a simpler and more clever fashion. The padding for the user's back is horizontally split into three sections, with the middle piece only attached at the sides, allowing to serve double duty as a luggage strap by slipping the suitcase handle behind it as needed. No need for a separate strap and no need a strap that is intrusive while wearing.

See pics.

Just my $0.02.

2090101851_Photo11-10-2022173440.jpg

550480974_Photo11-10-2022173447.jpg

I just went on a trip and didn't have any major issues with the LTT method, but I did notice that my back got super hot while wearing the bag with the luggage strap attached. Had no desire to remove the strap and reinstall it constantly over multiple plane connections etc. Maybe there is a better solution but the LTT version worked. Maybe a V2 of the bag will refine it like the one you posted.

I'm probably missing something here. Is it not easier just to wear the bag on your back and pull the case normally?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

11 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

I'm probably missing something here. Is it not easier just to wear the bag on your back and pull the case normally?

I can only speak for myself, but... No. 🙂

Or I should say it depends. If I'm in an airport or similar place with flat surfaces, it's much more comfortable to mount the bag on my spinner suitcase. Less warm, if nothing else. If I'm somewhere with "rougher ground", the backpack on the back makes sense.

Also, for things like check-in, having the bag already at a comfortable height makes it easy to reach the stuff you need inside.

Either way a luggage strap on my backpack is a must-have for me.

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2022 at 2:56 PM, Starlionblue said:

I can only speak for myself, but... No. 🙂

Or I should say it depends. If I'm in an airport or similar place with flat surfaces, it's much more comfortable to mount the bag on my spinner suitcase. Less warm, if nothing else. If I'm somewhere with "rougher ground", the backpack on the back makes sense.

Also, for things like check-in, having the bag already at a comfortable height makes it easy to reach the stuff you need inside.

Either way a luggage strap on my backpack is a must-have for me.

I agree with you. I always mount the bag on my suitcase while commuting on flat surface.

sometime I just want to sit down and rest for a few minutes maybe while waiting for flights etc.

and when its time to move I can just drag the suitcase and go.

RELOAD BEFOR QUOTING. I EDIT MY POST ALOT!

MARK MY POST AS THE ANSWER IF I HELPED.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | GPU: RTX 2070 Super | Mobo: MSI X470 Gaming Pro | RAM: Corsair vengeance 32GB 8x2 3200mhz CL16 | SSD: Samsung QVO 870 1TB | PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold 750 W 80+ Gold | Cooler: Thermaltake Contac Silent

12 | OS: Windows 11 Pro | Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rGR6gb
Displays: ViewSonic XG2401 23.6" 1920 x 1080 144 Hz 

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad Gaming i5-1130 RTX3050 16GB | OS: Windows 11 Pro