Desk setup survey for Student Project

Benez

Hi

I am Product Design Engineering student and working on an individual project on trying to improve the desk space

If you could please quickly fill out this quick survey it shouldnt be more than 5 minutes that would be great thanks

If you have any suggestions or personal problems feel free to let me know

Who knows, if this is successful I may even have the means of bringing it to market

Thanks again to anyone willing to dedicate some time to help me

https://forms.office.com/r/is5GprLdG3

-> Moved to Off Topic

You are otherwise ok. We just don't allow external forms in any other subforums, but Off Topic.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Off Topic

You are otherwise ok. We just don't allow external forms in any other subforums, but Off Topic.

ah sorry wasnt too sure where it belong thanks

Done. I wish question 9 had a more open ended answer as organizational tools and items are basically a niche need situation so its really hard to place a $ value on something if yoiu don't know if you want/need it until the need arises. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

9 minutes ago, Caroline said:

What's the difference between "content consumption" and "web browsing" though?

My guess, judging by the other options, content consumption is something like watching youtube, while web browsing is going through websites.

Just now, Caroline said:

Youtube is a website too :ph34r:

It's a website with people trapped inside, it's different! /s

Ergonomics are a funny thing. I bought a really nice office chair for good ergo but found sitting in it the "proper way" frustrates the heck out of me and makes the rest of my desk setup unusable bc it's so high up my legs are contacting the underside of my desk lmao. 

As for organization I have bought some organizational items in the past a monitor riser (which I guess counts as both bc it provides a space to place items as well as raise the monitor for ergonomics), and a headphone holder that clips to the side of my desk. 

Overall spent maybe 60 cad on those two items but I found both to be worth it. I know some people don't really care about either aspect, but anyone in more of a desk station "power user" role probably should. 

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Filled it out for you, currently a nursing student so I feel your pain for assignments! 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

On 10/12/2022 at 8:36 AM, Jerakl said:

Ergonomics are a funny thing. I bought a really nice office chair for good ergo but found sitting in it the "proper way" frustrates the heck out of me and makes the rest of my desk setup unusable bc it's so high up my legs are contacting the underside of my desk lmao. 

As for organization I have bought some organizational items in the past a monitor riser (which I guess counts as both bc it provides a space to place items as well as raise the monitor for ergonomics), and a headphone holder that clips to the side of my desk. 

Overall spent maybe 60 cad on those two items but I found both to be worth it. I know some people don't really care about either aspect, but anyone in more of a desk station "power user" role probably should. 

Thanks for filling out the survey and the comment

Yeah chairs are difficult one since the ideal sitting position often feels stiff and unnatural and different for everyone

Also hard to figure out who to cater to more, since there probably a lot more power users here but also a lot of people just work of a laptop so trying to find something that both could use and from from.

On 10/11/2022 at 6:02 PM, Skiiwee29 said:

Done. I wish question 9 had a more open ended answer as organizational tools and items are basically a niche need situation so its really hard to place a $ value on something if yoiu don't know if you want/need it until the need arises. 

Yeah that is true, I am guessing people are willing to pay for more if they feel they can get more out of the product.

It is a bit of an arbitary question just throwing a number in there but i guess it gives an idea of the scale of the issue and how much people are willing to invest into the issue.