Compact gaming machine - Sanity Check/Recommendations

PetrosGR

Hello all,

I haven't built a PC 15years now and I mostly used laptops with somewhat good dedicated GPUs for some casual gaming/ e-sports titles.

After so many years of watching LTT I finally want to pull the trigger on a good gaming pc which will be stationed in my living room to use as a console for some casual games but be able to move it to my desk OR use parsec in combination with my laptop to play some e-sports titles (probably not a good use case).

Keeping that in mind I came to the conclusion that I need the case to be as compact as possible and very low key, in order to have wife approval and be able to move around easily, but maintaining good thermals for gaming.

Budget (including currency): 1400€-1600€(absolute max)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Emulation (retro up to switch or better), stable 3A Gaming at 1080p 60hz, Light editing, playing around with VMs, LAN game streaming (Parsec for example)

Parts List for tower (no peripherals needed) :

• Case: Lian Li A4H2O (220€)
  • MOBO: Rog Strix B550-i gaming (230€)
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X (205€)
  • AIO: ROG STRIX LC 240 (110€)
  • GPU: RTX2060-O6G-EVO (300€)
  • RAM: Patriot Signature Line Premium 16GB DDR4 RAM (2x8GB) 3200MHz (60€)
  • PSU: SF Series™ SF750 (180€) 
  • Boot-OS & fav games storage: Samsung 980 Pro SSD 1TB (140€)
  • General/Library Storage: Patriot Burst Elite SSD 1.9TB 2.5'' SATA III (150€)

I would love to hear your insights regarding the aformatined list and or any parts that could be swapped to have a better build around the same budget - or even maintain the same performance at a better price point.

Side note: As far as recommendations go, price/budget per component could be assumed 1:1,10  (USD:EUR) except for the GPUs

Thank you for taking the time to look into my post!

I would suggest going for a similar performing but cheaper AIO cooler. In my opinion ROG AIOs simply arent worth it except if youre some ROG fans

Something like the ML240L is great

The nr200p max is 500€ and includes all you need for cooler, case and psu whilst also having better versions of it all.

300€ for a new 2060 is a lot. 20€ more and you can have a much better rx6600xt or for less money a rx6600 is an option.

19 hours ago, E3IF4FI said:

I would suggest going for a similar performing but cheaper AIO cooler. In my opinion ROG AIOs simply arent worth it except if youre some ROG fans

Something like the ML240L is great

I feared of any compatibility kinks so I assumed that MOBO and AIO would be better to be both from the same company. But I will look into your recommendation since the price difference is significant. Thank you!!

19 hours ago, jaslion said:

The nr200p max is 500€ and includes all you need for cooler, case and psu whilst also having better versions of it all.

300€ for a new 2060 is a lot. 20€ more and you can have a much better rx6600xt or for less money a rx6600 is an option.

I was thinking about the nr200 but the A4H2O has casted a spell on me by being quite smaller 😛 . However the nr200p max kit is indeed something worth looking into since it allows for more broad upgrades in the future. Thank you for the suggestion!

Sadly, regarding the GPU, the market in Greece is still up there. For example the rx6600xt goes for at least 420€ and the 6600 for 300€ and I don't think the price/performance ratio  is worth any of these two.

Just a suggestion for the NR200 crowd 😉

I personally wanted to buy one, but opted for the Intertech IM1. It is almost the same size, but supports mATX as well and it is very, very similar in layout.
It is not as well made, but still very sturdy. You can install fans in the top, side and bottom,have the option for a 240mm AIO in the top/bottom (the case is reversable) and the side, can install an SFX or ATX PSU, have toolless side-panels, all metal construction, dust filters, ...

I am quite satisfied with my decision.

I do find the NR200 a bit prettier if you know what I mean. 😉 

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

8 minutes ago, mapegl said:

Just a suggestion for the NR200 crowd 😉

I personally wanted to buy one, but opted for the Intertech IM1. It is almost the same size, but supports mATX as well and it is very, very similar in layout.
It is not as well made, but still very sturdy. You can install fans in the top, side and bottom,have the option for a 240mm AIO in the top/bottom (the case is reversable) and the side, can install an SFX or ATX PSU, have toolless side-panels, all metal construction, dust filters, ...

I am quite satisfied with my decision.

I do find the NR200 a bit prettier if you know what I mean. 😉 

Oh it finally exists? Yeah thats a good option matx boards are a lot cheaper too

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Oh it finally exists? Yeah thats a good option matx boards are a lot cheaper too

I bought it about 1.5 years ago here in Germany. 🤷‍♂️

You can see my specs below and I only have a single 120mm intake as well as a single 120mm exhaust and it runs very quietly. 😉 

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)