Are 90+ºC Temperature Spikes Under Load Bad For My i5-11400?

My hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i5-11400 Using The Stock Cooler (The New One With The Copper Slug)...

Mobo: MSI B560M-A PRO;

RAM: 32GB DDR4-2666MHz;

When using Cinebench R23 I noticed I wasn't getting scores much higher than 7300-8100...

So I decided to unlock the CPU's power limits... 

PL1 changed to 100W, and PL2 to 125W for a maximum of 128 seconds...

Ran CineBench again... Now score went to 9755.

However In CoreTemp I saw that actually, the CPU will  very briefly peak at 130W or a bit more... and temperatures will occasionally spike at 93ºC. Just 7 degrees below the maximum 100ºC of Tjunction.

Are these temperatures dangerous?

Also I must note that the CPU didn't even think of thermal throttling during the CineBench test.

It's fine, CPU nowadays would've simply throttle if it tries to hurts itself, and it seems yours don't.

Although, I would consider to change for a more decent cooler though if your workload would've be that high in your daily use (rendering or such). 70-80 degree would be the at least comfortable temps that I would go for.

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

1 hour ago, JojoBetson said:

thermal throttling

Thermal throttling does not start until a core reaches 100°C. Any core temperature under 100°C is a "safe operating temperature" according to Intel.

Intel has been using the same 100°C thermal throttling temperature for almost every Core i CPU they have produced since the Core i was introduced in 2008. If Intel thought that their CPUs were going to suffer any long term damage at 100°C, they would have lowered the throttling temperature to 95°C or 90°C many years ago.

Trust Intel. Your CPU is safe. It will look after itself if it ever gets too hot.   

If you want to see some lower temperature numbers, buy a better cooler. Almost any after market cooler is better than the Intel OEM cooler.

spikes not quite as bad depending on what you did, but it doesn't help.

Its better to have it around the high 80's instead. Some workloads will just push any system anyways.

I don't get how some youtubers get such a good temp with these stock coolers, as hearing most others reaching that bad temp.

But yes the CPU and such, will start to control and regulate itself, some high temps can degrade your chip faster though as in shorter lifespan, if not you mess with certain locks/settings to make it all worse. But that doesn't mean one should get to that point, as its better to stay under and not get into limitations and if you feel a throttling behavior.