Blue Yeti X disconnecting

Scottland567

Having some issues with my yeti X, had it replaced by amazon already, so I think the issue is on my side.  While I'm in discord calls the mic randomly disconnects, afterwards not showing in my input list until i unplug it and plug it back in.  I have tried a few different usb cables and multiple usb ports on my motherboard and case, yet the issue still happens.

Anyone else experienced this and know how to fix it?

Any help offered would be much appreciated!

Do you happen to be using one of the AMD Ryzen processors that had some USB connectivity bugs? Ryzen 3000 and 5000s with a 500- and 400-series motherboard (i.e., X570, X470, B550, or B450) to be precise. If you haven't already, AMD has released BIOS updates that corrected the issue. I would suggest performing the update (if you haven't already) and see if that clears things up.

Don't forget to mark posts as the solution if you're satisfied!

1 hour ago, Proud Cipher said:

Do you happen to be using one of the AMD Ryzen processors that had some USB connectivity bugs? Ryzen 3000 and 5000s with a 500- and 400-series motherboard (i.e., X570, X470, B550, or B450) to be precise. If you haven't already, AMD has released BIOS updates that corrected the issue. I would suggest performing the update (if you haven't already) and see if that clears things up.

I am!  Ryzen 3700x and an x470.  I'll update my BIOS now

8 minutes ago, Scottland567 said:

I am!  Ryzen 3700x and an x470.  I'll update my BIOS now

There should be some guides you can google for that will take you through it step by step, even if you're relatively experienced I'd still suggest following a trustworthy guide since BIOS updating is risky business if your motherboard doesn't have a backup you can flash in the event of BIOS corruption. Some motherboards with the backup BIOS will have a button either on the board itself or on the I/O on the back. Check to see if your motherboard has a feature like that, it'll make the whole process less stressful. Best of luck to you my dude.

If that doesn't clear it up, it could just be that Blue crapped the bed with their hardware again and you got two malfunctioning microphones. My old Yeti had some similar issues though much more intermittent.

EDIT: What do you know, AMD has a video guide for ya! https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/cpu-sbios-update

Don't forget to mark posts as the solution if you're satisfied!

• 7 months later...

I have had the same issue, but the forum told me to make a new post for it. You can find that one here: