so push more or stay or go back ?

Spec

I7 3770k

Asus Z77 pro

Patriot Ram 16 GB ( Doesn't matter )

Corsair H100 pulling air in from a Corsair 500r white with those Noctua NF-F12 (I like the fan since full load is like stock H100 fan) :D

And idle

Capture1_zpsbd1b70db.jpg

Full load

Capture_zpsf4411a16.jpg

Is 1.3 your lowest voltage possible at that clock? If you can lower voltage you'll be able to lower temps which will give you some more head room!

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

I just use offset voltage and ....... no idea. I don't really want to do manual mode since it will not do any good for my CPU live for future useage

I just use offset voltage and ....... no idea. I don't really want to do manual mode since it will not do any good for my CPU live for future useage
Does a manual voltage damage the CPU?

Offset isn't the way to do it you need to manually adjust voltages as low as possible (until you get a BSOD during a load test) then you'll know how low it can go before crashing and set your voltage a bit above it in order to be stable. Manually adjusting voltage will not harm your CPU as long as you don't overdo it and have proper cooling. I went to 1.52 v last night on my 3570k. Once you get the lowest possible stable oc on stock voltages start increasing by .05v and then increasing the clock. Rinse and repeat. Make sure you monitor your temps. I would not recommend going over 1.52 personally because that generates a ton of heat and it very hard to dissipate that

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

How long have you been stressing each overclock to check for stability?

As asus claim...it will since you put more voltage to your CPU as it doesn't need that much... It's like put 1.3 V as idle which usually need around 1.1.

Any thought ?

2 hours so far and still keep going to 24 hours but this is so LOOOOOOOONG.

2 hours so far and still keep going to 24 hours but this is so LOOOOOOOONG.

Ok fair enough, yeah, it's a very laborious process, but it's worth it in the end. Personally, i would stick at 4.5GHz, but if you want to push it more, go for it, just keep an eye on those temps. ;)

Anyway...What do you guy use overclock for ? I do it just because people do it and i just want to try it out. I play Far cry 3 with like 15-20% cpu usage. so it's barely use the CPU, same with many others game.

Anyway...What do you guy use overclock for ? I do it just because people do it and i just want to try it out. I play Far cry 3 with like 15-20% cpu usage. so it's barely use the CPU' date=' same with many others game.[/quote']

It's really just to boost as much performance out of your chip as you can, whether or not you can actually see any real world difference is another question. That, and also my e-peen is enlarged.

I run my 3570k at 4.3 for everyday use. You should find a everyday oc and a balls out maximum oc for the forum/e-peen/self gratification.. Try the intel extreme tuning utility. It allowed ivy bridge chips to change multiplier etc from within windows, instead of rebooting every time, that way you can also have CPU-z and paint open to screenie the validation and get it copied to paint right away and saved. These chips are made to be pushed just not pushed out of an airplane with no parachute and told to survive. Oh and for like 30 bucks or something get the tuning plan offered on the intel website, if you fry your chip intel will replace no questions asked as long as you have the plan. But don't buy it after you fry your chip because it takes 30 days for the waiting period to be over.

Also with my H100 pump, sometimes, i hear the sqoooosh...something like that and stop ( back to quiet). Is that normal or something weird ?

Anyway...What do you guy use overclock for ? I do it just because people do it and i just want to try it out. I play Far cry 3 with like 15-20% cpu usage. so it's barely use the CPU' date=' same with many others game.[/quote']

Its not just about perfomance its just awsome to know that you did it it just gives a good feeling and its adictive.