7900x build

J_M_O_

1. Budget & Location

Around the price of pc partpicker, United States

2. Aim

Mainly playing video games at 1440p while watching twitch on second monitor. I play everything from Forager to COD while mixing in WOW. I am like a kid on crack, can't stay on one game.

will use for handbrake also

3. Monitors

1 @ 1080p and 1 @ 1440p listed in pc partpicker, already own

4. Peripherals

using old stuff for now

5. Why are you upgrading?

Just want to, has been a while. Upgrading from 4790k and 1070.

6. Other hardware going to put in system

PCI riser cable so I can mount GPU vertically. Hauppague WinTV HVR-1850 so I can digitize old home movies, already have the WinTV in current system.

Additional details

Plan on upgrading to PCI Gen 5 NVME in future for OS drive. This will be last computer for a long time want to be able to keep current hardware and just upgrade to new GPU in 5 to 7 years. Which is also why i went with 360 rad for cpu, just in case I do decide to upgrade to upgrade cpu later. Also so I can have fans on low while listening to youtube in background while I work from home. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KYXZjZ

Tried to run 4790k with 6900xt on 750w power supply and it can't handle it. So sadly I will want a bigger power supply than what I need.

Thank you guys for taking the time to look at my post and help. Just want to make sure I did not pick anything that is incompatible or miss anything that might be better.

**edit**
I already bought graphics card and cpu

Edited by J_M_O_
added that I already bought two of the components

27 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

7700x Will be slightly better for gaming, and unless you actually make a lot of videos and such, it does not make sense to pay another 150$ that could be used for storage or a better GPU.

I am kind of stuck with gpu. I went to a bunch of power supply calculators and they all said 650w or 750w recommended for my 4790k and a 6900xt. Was not true. So I have been using the 6900xt jerry rigged up with 2 power supplies. 

I thought about 7700x and it would make more of a difference in 1080p but from what I have seen 1440p does not make a huge difference. I figured this way I can have other stuff running in background if I chose to and shouldn't affect game performance too much.
I do appreciate the feedback though.

This list just makes no sense.

For just gaming there is no practical difference between a 7900X and a 7600X, and the 5800X3D comes out and beats/matches them both for significantly less overall. Realistically you should be going for a B650 board instead of an X670 board, the difference is just some IO that you're not really using. PCIe 5.0 SSDs don't make practical sense for a consumer, Gen 3 vs. Gen 4 is already indiscernible for 98% of consumers who aren't regularly doing 200GB transfers, so you'd be spending a ludicrous amount of money on storage that doesn't make any practical sense. 6900 XTs are good cards and everything, I do like and recommend them (writing this post on a system with one), but $1400 for one is just ridiculous, they can be had for $700 pretty easily, and if you want the best of the best the 6900 XT OC Formula (cheapest card guaranteed with the high binned core and debatably the best designed 6900 XT) is on sale for $900. The power supply is just kinda overkill, 6900 XTs, even when fully maxed out with no power limits and overvolted, will top out at ~550W in Furmark, which can be handled by a 1000W power supply. In stuff that isn't a power viruses, it will top out closer to 400-450W, and will stop at ~300W if you leave the power limits enabled (albeit with some larger transient spikes) and be handled by a good 850W unit. 

1 minute ago, J_M_O_ said:

So I have been using the 6900xt jerry rigged up with 2 power supplies. 

Is the 6900 XT connected to two PSUs or one for it and one for the other system? If it's the first, shut it down and remove the card until you get a proper power supply, that can cause backfeeding into the other PSU and is just really not a good idea. 

4 minutes ago, J_M_O_ said:

I thought about 7700x and it would make more of a difference in 1080p but from what I have seen 1440p does not make a huge difference. I figured this way I can have other stuff running in background if I chose to and shouldn't affect game performance too much.

That's already true about the 7700X though, games don't really use more than 6 cores, and background tasks can be handled easily by one core on a 7700X, let alone 2 that you'll have spare.