cant find a cooler that fits my case

ProvokeSky

I need help here, ive been recommended the Deep Cool AK620 for my r9 5900x however i now realise that it will not clear my case which has a max of 155mm (Thermaltake Versa H18)

I could find an AIO as it will fit however air coolers are cheaper.

even single stack ones are still too tall and im not sure if it would be able to cool my cpu

Angle grinder to the side panel of the case: you can fit just about anything.

Also, a bit odd here. Being able to pay for an R9 5900x, but not able to spend a few currency items on a cheap AIO? Think I've paid 50-ish euros for an Coolermaster ML 240 AIO almost 3 years ago? Still doing just fine without any issues. Keeping my Ryzen 3600 really cool with fans set to really low speed.

High-end CPU in a cheap tiny case. What's your GPU and PSU?

Beter throw a 360 or 280 rad in the front of the case. Arctic Liquid Freezer II or smt.

3 hours ago, Jahee said:

Angle grinder to the side panel of the case: you can fit just about anything.

Also, a bit odd here. Being able to pay for an R9 5900x, but not able to spend a few currency items on a cheap AIO? Think I've paid 50-ish euros for an Coolermaster ML 240 AIO almost 3 years ago? Still doing just fine without any issues. Keeping my Ryzen 3600 really cool with fans set to really low speed.

im in australia and pricing here isnt amazing, im getting my cpu off facebook market place for around 300. AIOs second hand are as much as new

2 hours ago, --SID-- said:

High-end CPU in a cheap tiny case. What's your GPU and PSU?

Beter throw a 360 or 280 rad in the front of the case. Arctic Liquid Freezer II or smt.

3080, 850w. i am just upgrading my pc and dont want to spend too much everthing is off facebook market place

7 minutes ago, ProvokeSky said:

3080, 850w. i am just upgrading my pc and dont want to spend too much everthing is off facebook market place

Find a better case. With a 500w system everything is running hot in the Versa 18.

8 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Find a better case. With a 500w system everything is running hot in the Versa 18.

i think that cooling wont be an issue as there is plenty of airflow, however may consider upgrading the case anyway. would i be able to use a 280 rad with my 120 fans?