Polling rate affecting CPU usage.

Asc1005

I have a Logitech G304/305 which I was using at 1000Hz polling rate at 400DPI but recently I noticed something...

when my PC was idle it was using around 4% or less CPU but as soon I moved my cursor and kept moving it CPU usage was at around 21% and then I changed my polling to around 250Hz and after that in the same scenario the CPU usage was 10-11% when moving the cursor.

I found out that this is a thing in the very OLD CPUs but as per me my R5 3500U is not that old that only a 1000Hz polling rate be using 15% of the CPU.

(Give me insight LTT forum gods) 

12 hours ago, Asc1005 said:

(Give me insight LTT forum gods) 

Which is more annoying (i.e. causes your "usage" meter to go up), I tap you on the shoulder asking you to do something 250 times a second or I tap you on the shoulder asking you to do something 1000 times per second?

the CPU usage spikes everytime you do something like that. Doesn't mean your CPU is actually used 21%. It could be running on lower clock speed, Only single core got the spike, etc. CPU usage spikes are normal, as long as system doesn't choke.

11 hours ago, Dr_Whom said:

Which is more annoying (i.e. causes your "usage" meter to go up), I tap you on the shoulder asking you to do something 250 times a second or I tap you on the shoulder asking you to do something 1000 times per second?

bruh you didnt get what I was saying

11 hours ago, Just that Mario said:

the CPU usage spikes everytime you do something like that. Doesn't mean your CPU is actually used 21%. It could be running on lower clock speed, Only single core got the spike, etc. CPU usage spikes are normal, as long as system doesn't choke.

I'll try monitoring all cores with HWinfo

Then please explain it better, I'm not sure what else there is to get out of your post here. Polling the mouse 250 times per second is going to cause less CPU usage and polling it 1000 times per second. What else is there to explain here?