Thoughts on my next build?

Vibora

Budget (including currency): Irrelevant

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 4k Gaming, workstation stuff.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Heres the build I made, still not sure about the case, PSU and RAM Cooler. Thinking about maybe going with Noctua NH-U12A. If you have any suggestions, id be happy to hear your opinions. About GPU im going with a 4090, probably AIO one.

The build has 3 uncooperative lighting systems.

NH-U12A is a good cpu cooler. 

You may want to consider the HX1000i (2022) or Dark Power Pro 12.

DDR4 above 3200 has been problematic with a number of B660 motherboards. You should consider 2x16GB DDR4-3200 CL16.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

@Vibora

A much more efficient build, included 4090 in the build with Nvidia's drunk pricing.

12700k and z690 instead of B660 w/ 12900, a 12700k with a light OC will match a vanilla 12900 roughly and is significantly less wasteful on your budget. You are now in the Corsair ecosystem so all the RGB is on one system that will be able to be managed with one control panel, if you want to add more you will need a Commander Pro controller.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ryVWjZ

27 minutes ago, brob said:

The build has 3 uncooperative lighting systems.

NH-U12A is a good cpu cooler. 

You may want to consider the HX1000i (2022) or Dark Power Pro 12.

DDR4 above 3200 has been problematic with a number of B660 motherboards. You should consider 2x16GB DDR4-3200 CL16.

Oh, I always thought 3600 was the sweet spot. Should I go with air / water cooling for the CPU? if so which would you recommend?

14 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

@Vibora

A much more efficient build, included 4090 in the build with Nvidia's drunk pricing.

12700k and z690 instead of B660 w/ 12900, a 12700k with a light OC will match a vanilla 12900 roughly and is significantly less wasteful on your budget. You are now in the Corsair ecosystem so all the RGB is on one system that will be able to be managed with one control panel, if you want to add more you will need a Commander Pro controller.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ryVWjZ

I rather go with a locked CPU. dont wanna go and mess with OCing

3 minutes ago, Vibora said:

Oh, I always thought 3600 was the sweet spot. Should I go with air / water cooling for the CPU? if so which would you recommend?

DDR4-3600 CL 16 is the sweet spot for Ryzen. DDR4-3200 seems to be best for locked Alder Lake CPU.

I like air cooling for CPU. The NH-U12A is suitable for the i9-12900. Depending on memory height the Deepcool AK620 may offer an better and less expensive option.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

6 minutes ago, brob said:

DDR4-3600 CL 16 is the sweet spot for Ryzen. DDR4-3200 seems to be best for locked Alder Lake CPU.

I like air cooling for CPU. The NH-U12A is suitable for the i9-12900. Depending on memory height the Deepcool AK620 may offer an better and less expensive option.

Alright bet, thanks ❤️

1 hour ago, Vibora said:

I rather go with a locked CPU. dont wanna go and mess with OCing

The K chip and Z series board will also allow it to boost for as long as it wants. On B series board and locked chip: you get the 30ish second boost and then it goes back down.

8 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

The K chip and Z series board will also allow it to boost for as long as it wants. On B series board and locked chip: you get the 30ish second boost and then it goes back down.

So if youre suggesting going with a K chip and a Z series MB without overclocking, I just can go with a 12900k..

I guess 7950x if price is no issue. A lot faster than 12900K in multi-core so better in workstation type of use.

8 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

I guess 7950x if price is no issue. A lot faster than 12900K in multi-core so better in workstation type of use.

These are the new gen AMD right? Never used AMD before so its kind of weird going with them now lol