TUF Gaming laptop heats up on its own

Neo5Politan

I am well aware that a gaming laptop can heat up pretty easily and I don't mind it when I'm gaming, I use headphones to game anyway. However, it still can be quiet when idle or when browsing the web or doing office work. I'm a teacher a I bought myself the Asus TUF Gaming F17 FX706LI with following specs:

CPU: i5-10300H

GPU: GTX 1650Ti Mobile

RAM: 16 Gb 2933 Mhz

It is capable of both gaming and working. Still, I need to control the CPU autoovercloking so it doesn't heat up in school, making noise. I found an instruction on YT and followed it. I used power options in control panel and changed the CPU power limit to 99% so it couldn't get any more power to overclock itself. Seems easy, it worked for almost half a year, and then Armoury Crate had an update. AC has total control over the system and gets the CPU its 100% anyway. I selected the Windows mode in AC so it used the settings I had settled. However I still saw the CPU overclock to almost double its GHz (from 2,50 Ghz to 4,25 Ghz). I tried uninstalling it however the process was not complete, it was stopped by a blank error. After that I cannot uninstall AC and cannot get into it to change anything. The total storage wipe and Windows reinstallation didn't help. The laptop can still be at 99% CPU limit and climb up to 80 degrees at idle. There's no dust inside, I keep it clean. The laptop also started acting strange. It doesn't heat up for as long as the Task Manager is opened. Then after a minute it closes on its own and the laptop gets back to making noise. What should I do?

you know that performance slider in windows that everyone tells you you should keep at "max powah"?

set that to energy saver. done.

8 minutes ago, manikyath said:

you know that performance slider in windows that everyone tells you you should keep at "max powah"?

set that to energy saver. done.

It helped once or twice before the AC went insane

2 minutes ago, Neo5Politan said:

then dont use a broken piece of software that was designed to make your pc take flight so that it edges out the competition by 2%, and selling you some partner software in the process.

16 minutes ago, Neo5Politan said:

try turning off background apps and startup apps 

Just now, ahuman said:

try turning off background apps and startup apps 

or if you can prefer to reset the windows and reinstall it 

7 minutes ago, ahuman said:

or if you can prefer to reset the windows and reinstall it 

I use debloated windows images, without any unnecessary apps, including Windows Defender. This image works just fine at my PC, while the laptop struggles