PC's HDD gose 100 after certain usage

To be clear I have windows install on SSD and rest of application like VSCode, Steam etc. installed on hdd(brand new). It would work fine for certain time but after sometime it's usage in task manager gose to 100. At first I thought my sata cable had gone bad so I switched it and it worked. But issue came back so I thought perhaps there is problem with port so I switched it solved the problem or so I thought. I don't know what's the problem can someone help.HDD is Western Digital Blue.

Usually every time I see an HDD pinged out at 100% usage in task manager, it's one of two things:

-HDD is nearly full, and the read/write is really causing a lot of slowdowns

-RAM is non-existent, and your PC is compensating with vRAM and your HDD is dying a gruesome death.

HDD is new and pretty much empty I have 16GB of RAM. Didn't have this problem in previous HDD(from old PC so about 10 years)which died, With PC given error of I/O.

28 minutes ago, IPD said:

Usually every time I see an HDD pinged out at 100% usage in task manager, it's one of two things:

-HDD is nearly full, and the read/write is really causing a lot of slowdowns

-RAM is non-existent, and your PC is compensating with vRAM and your HDD is dying a gruesome death.

HDD is new and pretty much empty I have 16GB of RAM. Didn't have this problem in previous HDD(from old PC so about 10 years)which died, With PC given error of I/O.I was thinking it might be temperature.

100% usage is normal for a hard drive while it is working.  What is the usage like in Task manager, do you see the drive doing Read and Writes?     Windows can be using the HDD for file cache (for windows updates), other things like "windows search", "one drive" or "google drive" can be scanning the drive for files creating the usage.   

if you wait it out does it eventually go back down?

While it is at 100% is the drive still usable?  can you open a file on it?

It is unlikely your cable or the temperature, just normal HDD behavior.