New to PC building, would like some insight

BrettC013

Budget (including currency): No real budget, planning on buying over a period of time

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Would like to use it for VR gaming, streaming, and video editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I don't know too much about PC building, however, I do like learning new things. I'm gonna place the list from PC part picker so hopefully y'all could give me the right way of heading for what I'd like to do or if I need to go stronger somewhere and weaker somewhere else. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MpdjLs

Anything is appreciated thank you

I don't think that 64GB is needed for RAM. 16GB is enough but if you want to future proof I guess you could go 32GB instead. 

I would go with a 256GB SSD for System + Programs and 4TB SSD instead of 1TB SSD + 8TB HDD, unless you absolutely need 8TB space for gaming. But it's just a thought. SSD will improve load times a lot and make PC Gaming more enjoyable. Trust me I'm still gaming on a 1TB HDD and load times are a pain. 

Power Supply 1200w? Nah get a Gold rated 850w instead if you must. 

With the money you save from above, get a better Ryzen 5 series CPU and a 3060Ti or even 3070 instead. 

Budget Gamer at heart.

Went with a better CPU, graphics card, B550 instead of X570, don't think you'll need 64GB of RAM but you can choose to do so.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/N2RNW4

2 minutes ago, Brandi93 said:

I would go with a 256GB SSD for System + Programs and 4TB SSD instead of 1TB SSD + 8TB HDD, unless you absolutely need 8TB space for gaming. But it's just a thought. SSD will improve load times a lot and make PC Gaming more enjoyable. Trust me I'm still gaming on a 1TB HDD and load times are a pain. 

Most likely needs the 8TB for the video editing OP will be doing. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Do you have a monitor and peripherals already, and what software do you use to edit videos?

No one seems to see the flaw in his first sentence, buying over a period of time, which could start from tomorrow to next year.

Prices could be drastically different each month, even each week. By the end of the year there would be big releases from Nvidia, Intel, AMD, these releases could affect current gen pricing, most likely would, actually.

Therefore, buying over a period of time is not a good idea at all, unless the parts purchased would be used while waiting, maybe like monitors, KB+M, SSD.

Best to save up your money in a stable mutual fund and use it when you have saved enough to buy them all at one go, that way you'll earn interest and get better deals down the line.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

1 hour ago, Brandi93 said:

I don't think that 64GB is needed for RAM. 16GB is enough but if you want to future proof I guess you could go 32GB instead. 

Power Supply 1200w? Nah get a Gold rated 850w instead if you must. 

With the money you save from above, get a better Ryzen 5 series CPU and a 3060Ti or even 3070 instead. 

So down in RAM and up for system memory, I knew coming here would be better my buddy said I would need AT LEAST a 1200w for what I wanted to do, also, Ryzen 5 series is better? I figured the 7 would be more "top of the line"?

1 hour ago, Daniel Z. said:

Do you have a monitor and peripherals already, and what software do you use to edit videos?

With the monitor setup I was thinking of two Samsung 24" curved LED monitors with 60hz refresh rate and eventually later maybe a 3rd monitor but that's down the line, as for other things I'm looking more towards razer peripherals and that's pretty much due to personal preference as for software I'm still researching on good editing software as well

1 hour ago, Brandi93 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xq4t4s

This is what I had in mind. More powerful overall PC, and $200 cheaper. 

Now on pcpartpicker it says there's a compatibility issue, I'm not testing you're knowledge I would just like to know why that is like if their system is just not accurate or something

1 hour ago, Dukesilver27- said:

No one seems to see the flaw in his first sentence, buying over a period of time, which could start from tomorrow to next year.

Prices could be drastically different each month, even each week. By the end of the year there would be big releases from Nvidia, Intel, AMD, these releases could affect current gen pricing, most likely would, actually.

Therefore, buying over a period of time is not a good idea at all, unless the parts purchased would be used while waiting, maybe like monitors, KB+M, SSD.

Best to save up your money in a stable mutual fund and use it when you have saved enough to buy them all at one go, that way you'll earn interest and get better deals down the line.

I don't really find this a flaw, my start date if I had to put one on it is next week the thing is I'm not really looking for the best of the best at this point I just want to get something that'll do what I need and won't run in to too many issues while I'm doing so. I plan on having this PC for a good long time it's just something I can start out on and start to gain more knowledge for this, for me anyway, hobby when the time comes and I'm looking to upgrade, however, I'll keep that thought in mind