I'm lost with my Ram Issue

alexandremix

1st of all let me post my setup:

Mobo: ROG STRIX Z590-A GAMING WIFI 

Rams: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB (2x8GB) (Times 2) So I have 4 sticks of 8 Gb, the part number is exactly: F4-4000C16D-16GTRSA (Since there's a lot of different CL speeds etc)

Cpu: i9 11900K

Main issue: When i activate XMP on the rams. The computer is not stable, I run into BSOD a lot, and when i run memtest it gives me errors.

When XMP is not enabled No mem test errors but I dont have frames in warzone. I lose around 60 frames.

I'm running XMP but I manually reduced the ram speeds to 3600 Mhz. 

Does not give me error in memtest.

What i wanted is to make use of my rams at their full capability. 

So i was thinking maybe its the mobo that does not support. So i started searching here: https://www.gskill.com/qvl/165/299/1596610715/F4-4000C16D-16GTRSA-QVL

There's a list of supported mobos. but if I go on the mobo website it does not show my sticks under the compability page eg: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MEG-Z590-ACE/support#mem

searching for F4-4000C16D-16GTRSA

Can someone that really understands what is going on guide me to make a good decision? As you can see I already searched a lot, and I even learned a lot. I was able to track down the issue to the ram speeds. 

I understand hardware enough. But I learned that  im not a master. if we speak voltages etc I get immediately lost etc. This issue lasts for almost a year. Today i decided to create a account here to see if anyone can give me a good advice. 

Dont want to spend money and reach to the conclusion that im getting to the same spot. 

For eg I see that the CPU only handles max speed as well of 3200  as you can notice here: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/212325/intel-core-i911900k-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-30-ghz.html

So what is true and what is not? 

11 minutes ago, alexandremix said:

For eg I see that the CPU only handles max speed as well of 3200  as you can notice here: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/212325/intel-core-i911900k-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-30-ghz.html

That’s the max non-XMP speed. So the max JEDEC speed it can support without overclocking at all.

Frankly, 3600mt/s is plenty- I would just run it there. Past that you’re not going to see much improvement at all with an 11th gen CPU or even many other CPUs.

Question, why did you link a MSI motherboard page for an ROG Motherboard

8 minutes ago, alexandremix said:

I understand hardware enough. But I learned that  im not a master. if we speak voltages etc I get immediately lost etc. This issue lasts for almost a year. Today i decided to create a account here to see if anyone can give me a good advice. 

Let me highlight your issue:

G.SKILL Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB (2x8GB) (Times 2)

See the times 2? you're adding two kits together and expecting everything to work.

If I asked you to run at your fastest speed you could do it.

But if I asked you to run at the same speed carrying twice the load I think we would have a problem.

This is essentially what you're asking your CPU's memory controller to do.

So here are your options:

Load XMP before you leave the bios, increase DRAM voltage further to attempt to get things stable. (1.4v for example)

If this still isn't stable:

Load XMP before you leave the bios, increase DRAM voltage further to attempt to get things stable. (1.4v for example) AND set the speed to 3800.

Lower speed further.

Buy a 32gb 4000+ kit of ram that is on the motherboards QVL instead, if this doesn't work its the motherboard manufacturers problem.

On 10/3/2022 at 12:33 AM, Chaonetic said:

Question, why did you link a MSI motherboard page for an ROG Motherboard

To show that specific motherboard appears on the qvl page of the ram . But on the that specific mobo page it does not show the ram as a compatible one . 

On 10/3/2022 at 12:33 AM, TrigrH said:

See the times 2? you're adding two kits together and expecting everything to work.

But if I asked you to run at the same speed carrying twice the load I think we would have a problem.

Load XMP before you leave the bios, increase DRAM voltage further to attempt to get things stable. (1.4v for example)

Load XMP before you leave the bios, increase DRAM voltage further to attempt to get things stable. (1.4v for example) AND set the speed to 3800.

Lower speed further.

Buy a 32gb 4000+ kit of ram that is on the motherboards QVL instead, if this doesn't work its the motherboard manufacturers problem.

So why there's 4 slots for ram on the motherboard? I thought I could run 4 sticks there no problem . It's better to have 2 sticks of 32 GB than having 4 sticks of 32 ? I was thinking it would behave a little bit like raid 0 does . It could read more from each ram separately. But it was just a theory 

Lower speed further.

I'll try this tomorrow and see if I can make it work 

Lower speed further.

Okay as it seems My ram voltage is rated at 1.4 V. When i go on bios it is selected as 1.4 but all the readings, bios or hw monitor say 1.376

I dont know where that value is set