AM4 upgrade, no start, no joy and ...moist...?

aDoomGuy

Yes moist. o.O 

So I went to upgrade my friends rig, a simple CPU and ram upgrade after a prior video card upgrade. I started by updating BIOS to something Ryzen 5000 ready and checked if the old CPU would boot into BIOS which it did and I assume the BIOS update was sucessful. I then proceeded to install the CPU which I got into the socket after a bit of struggling.... I dunno why it was so difficult to get in there anyway. I put in the RAM and tried to power on the system. Only sign of life was motherboard ROG logo illuminating but no fans spinning and appeared not to have power anywhere else.

I reinstalled the old RAM and CPU but yielded same result. Clearing CMOS didn't help.

Specs (old)

Ryzen 5 5600x (2600x)

Kingston Fury 3200 MHz 2x16 GB (Kingston HyperX 3200 2x8 GB)

Asus ROG Strix B450-E Gaming BIOS v. 4901

Corsair RM 850

Radeon 7950 (Gigabyte I think)

X Pc case

X+ hard drives

Moist, see below. 😑

Ok I could only put one picture but you can see... it's from the area behind the CPU VRM on the back of the board. Anyone know what that is and is it possible that is the issue here?

DSC00109.JPG

CPU shouldn't be hard to insert, are you sure you put it the right way (look at the small triangle)?

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Oil from the thermal pads. Quite normal to see and does not affect the motherboard. 

14 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

I then proceeded to install the CPU which I got into the socket after a bit of struggling.... I dunno why it was so difficult to get in there anyway.

Shouldn't be difficult as you pull the lever up, remove CPU, align new CPU's triangle with the triangle on the socket, insert and push lever down. Reinstall CPU cooler and apply new thermal paste and that's it. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I did. Took some wiggling but I got it. Removed it observed a couple of bent pins. Bent them back. Still didn't power on with the 2600 without any bent pins. Allthough.. system now powers on gonna test with monitor connected. Strange..

Sall good, but still most wonder whats up with that... o.o