to much power?

Cerberrus27

hi there i was wondering if there is such a thing as to much in a power supply. i currently have a 750w power supply I was thinking of going to a 1000w because my friend needs a psu so i was going to give him mine. my current setup it i am also

going to upgrade my motherboard very soon.

asus rog strix b450-f gaming

3080ti

ryzen 7 5800x3d

750w psu

32gb ram 3200mhz

be quiet dark rock 4

No, thats not how a power supply works. A power supply outputs the power your system draws. 

1000watt is really high for your config, why go with a power supply like that? You'd be better of with a high quallity efficient power supply.

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

2 minutes ago, Alinz said:

No, thats not how a power supply works. A power supply outputs the power your system draws. 

1000watt is really high for your config, why go with a power supply like that? You'd be better of with a high quallity efficient power supply.

found one for pretty cheap thats why but you got any recommendations?

Ehat unit

1 minute ago, Cerberrus27 said:

found one for pretty cheap

Which one?

Are you planning on the new 40 series and ryzen 7000 or intel 13th gen cpus?

Check the psu tierlist on the form for a good 850w, that will handle spikes way better. To be fair I don't know a lot about psu's so keep that in mind. But a 850w will serve you just right.

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

2 minutes ago, Alinz said:

Ehat unit

Which one?

Are you planning on the new 40 series and ryzen 7000 or intel 13th gen cpus?

Check the psu tierlist on the form for a good 850w, that will handle spikes way better. To be fair I don't know a lot about psu's so keep that in mind. But a 850w will serve you just right.

well i currently have the CORSAIR CX Series CX750 and i was found a rmx rm 1000x corsair

At what price?

EDIT: It is a good power supply tho.

Edited by Alinz

Just now, Alinz said:

At what price?

190cad witch is only like $20diff from the 850

Hmm, not bad if it is that close. Is there a special deal on the unit?

3 hours ago, Alinz said:

Hmm, not bad if it is that close. Is there a special deal on the unit?

fb market place