Teslabot. ROFL

Uttamattamakin

First let me say that getting a robot to stand an walk like a human is VERY hard.  A humanoid robot that can just interface with the same infrastructure that humans use is really hard.  Getting something that can take over unskilled labor task is hard.  So no ROFL at the technical achievement.  Even if it has been done before i.e. Asimo 

Just ROFL at where it started

VS how its going. ROFL at the sleeker robot latter on that can't walk without four people to help it. 

The problem Musk still doesn't grasp is that no amount of money changes the amount of work that can be done in a manhour.

He likes to promise things that haven't even be started yet constantly.

Yes, you can hire more people, but each new people added doesn't double the amount of work done due to them having to learn things that the other might know.

Creating a walking robot from scratch in 6 months is a really big achievement, you have to keep in mind that for example boston dynamics has had decades of work for their humanoid robot.

But Musk is like google, promises the next big thing, engineers have almost started to get somewhere with it, and then he promises the next thing, and engineers have to start from scratch once again.

I'll also add that while your first source Thunderfoot is entertaining, please don't take anything he says too seriously, because he has made major errors in his napkin math before, but is too arrogant to accept it, and lashes out instead when someone points it out.

But most of his videos can at least be entertaining at some level, he just isn't the best in maths and physics, even though he likes you to think that he is.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

b-but stairs!!!

I’m an EMT-Basic in training and it looks like it’s based on the “stair chairs” we use for a controlled descent with a weak but conscious patient. (drunk patients who can’t safely climb down stairs even with help, for example)

10 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

Creating a walking robot from scratch in 6 months is a really big achievement, you have to keep in mind that for example boston dynamics has had decades of work for their humanoid robot.

I agree, but I think people are too focused on what the walking bit.

For myself the bit that was impressive is that they were using the fsd hardware to power the thing and showing the overlayed screen of it actually 3d rendering the world around it.  The application being that they are attempting to actually put more intelligence behind the robot...where as Boston dynamics at the moment is very much a standard robotics demonstration typically (sure BD can balance and slightly adapt but the way Tesla bot is handling the environment it should be interesting in a few years time).

The other thing being the targetted pricing of it.  While I don't think it will be $20,000 (I wouldn't be surprised if it actually costs only like $10,000 to make to be honest)...I think it will be quite neat to see where the starting price will eventually be.  I'm guessing closer to $75,000 starting price as that's the price Boston Dynamics is charging for spot, then lowering the price to like $50k once more proven.

9 hours ago, Caroline said:

Terrible specs.

Even I can deadlift more than 150 lbs, even spandex man can lift more

Going to greatly depend on what application it is going for.  Most people won't have to deadlift 150lbs in a standard environment.  Even if it's slower at doing the job, the targeted price tag would mean you could replace 1 employee with 2 bots (if it will be something that can replace a human).

Actually, it reminds me of a demo from decades ago where you show a robot what to do and it repeats the task.  The issue was that at the time it was asking like 4 times the salary and it wasn't exactly smart either.  Honestly, I get the feeling that this was also meant to eventually replace some of the human jobs at Tesla (Where precision assembly by human hand was required).  If it can be replaced by a robot that can crawl into places that could save them quite a bit in terms of salary.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef