External boot for laptop and desktop

DevilDonut

I did a surface level search for this already so sorry if I missed it. Basically, I'm looking to create a external boot to run my laptop and desktop off of interchangeably for college. I don't know if windows will work for this or if it could somehow flag me changing systems frequently. Anyone have any experience with this? 

It does work.  I've had it working...However that was on windows 7 i believe and i had to disable USB drivers in windows to get it to work.  See the problem about doing it with windows (from when i used to do it) was this.  During the boot process Windows 'takes over' the USB ports on the computer.  That's why disabling the windows USB drivers gets it working.  Another thing you'll have to consider is boot times will be much longer when swapping between one device to the other.  Windows will have to reload all the chipset drivers and everything else each time you swap.

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!