Any fix for high HD audio bus/Kernel mode Latency

Theo2890

Hello

I posted here earlier not knowing what the issue was but I think I've narrowed it down.

System Specs:

CPU - ryzen 7 5800x

GPU - RTX 3070Ti FE

Mobo - Gigabyte Aorus X570 i pro wifi

RAM - G.skill trident Z neo 3600Mhz

My pc audio keeps beings really distorted/static like when watching anything or having sound output (notifications, game audio etc.), it only happens with my RTX 3070Ti and not an older GTX950 I have.

I downloaded LatencyMon to see what the issue was and it seems to be very high latency, the main culprits being the high definition audio bus driver and the Kernel mode driver. They suggest changing power management and processor state which I've done and still the same issue. I have tried uninstalling the HD audio driver, as well as Nvidia drivers but with no success.

how do i stop these from causing such an issue

Many Thanks

704384758_2022-09-30(9).png

2022-09-30 (4).png

Okay,

So after doing so may different things, such as uninstalling game ready drivers, installing studio drivers, disabling HPET, changing bios versions, going through Nvidia Control panel and managing 3d settings (Low latency mode and power management mode) as well as windows control power and setting max performance on everything etc, i finally found the fix.

My system was running in auto select pcie in the bios, my mobo and GPU are both pcie 4, however my riser cable is only pcie 3. After manually changing to pcie 3 in bios all of the issues have gone. The system has no abnormal latency now and no distortion or static when playing audio.

Hope this helps for anyone experiencing a similar issue.