Dad gamer looking for advice

Va13ntin

Budget (including currency): Around 2k $/  (flexible)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: BF, CoD and WoW (classic).

Background (you can skip this part)
I built my dream build 5yeaers ago. Its still possible to play on, but my CPU suffers from a known security bug. The Windows fix results in breaking all overclocks and and take a big preformance hit. Since I run full custom water loop on this I refused to update when the fix was issued (2017). Before eveyone yells at me for security reasons: The computer is seperated from rest of the network, and only used for gaming. This "solution" has worked for a few years now, but all new games requers newer windows build. Since I built this system I havent keept myself updated on hw. I got no idea whats good now, and how big of a preforamance gain I can get with new hw. I'm torn when it comes to reuse of old parts. I have very limited free time, so building a new computer while I still can play on my old is a big yes for me (dont want to rush the build). On the other hand: I LOVE my case and waterloop, and I dont feel ready to part away from it completly. The issue with that is a new build with only 1 gpu and 1 waterloop will make the case look empty (SMA8 is HUGE). I have considered just keeping the old system as it is and use it for decoration. I have no plans to spend as mutch as when I built my dream, that was a one time cash splash I'm not willing to do every time I upgrade.
Peripherals
Screen: 1440p 120hz (two monitors)
Mouse: Logitech G903
Keyboard: Logitech G410
Headset: Logitech PRO X
Existing parts lists
Full custom (double) waterloop with aquaero controller (to many parts to list here).
Tower: CaseLabs SMA8
PSU: EVGA G2 1300W
GPU: 2x Titan X (Pascal)
CPU: Intel Core i7-6850K, Socket-2011-3
MB: ASUS ROG Strix X99 Gaming, S-2011-3
Memory: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 3200 32GB C16 Dom K4 (CMD32GX4M4B3200C16)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5" SSD
Storage: Samsung SSD 950 PRO 256GB M.2 PCIe

tbh i'd part your existing rig out, 

theres probably easily 6-700 between gpu MB and CPU and Ram there  and start fresh with your choice of team red or team Green,

that would give you enough money to go top tier on either side personally i'd wait another week or 2 and see how intel 13th gen stacks up it might even be worth trying to sell the rig whole for somewhere around 1000-1200 euro which puts you around 3000 euro to build a new system,  again your moving on in terms of technology so you would see massive performance improvements going either intel or AMD at this point. its a horrid time to try and spec a decent budget build up given that so many new technologies are coming out in the next couple of weeks  so my honest advice would be to wait for a few more weeks and get your current rig speculatively up for sale in the mean time

If you've got an SMA8, keep that SMA8, that thing is a piece of history. 

Personally I'd keep everything from this system except the CPU, motherboard, RAM, and maybe the GPUs. We are right in the middle of launch season for everything right now, so I'd be waiting for everything to release before settling on what to get. AM5 is released and benchmarks are out, though it doesn't look particularly amazing for the price, at least for gamers. Raptor Lake was announced yesterday to release October 20th and is looking pretty awesome, but we need to wait for full releases before making any judgments on it. Nvidia is releasing their next gen GPUs on October 12th with the 4090 looking pretty interesting, but it's also likely out of your budget (the 4080s are pretty underwhelming). AMD's next gen GPUs are being announced on November 3rd, rumored to bring with it some very impressive numbers to go along side since they're introducing a chiplet GPU architecture. 

If you were going to be building today, I'd be getting a 13600K, 32GB of DDR5 (preferably a 5600MT/s or faster kit), some Z690/Z790 motherboard (I'd avoid Gigabyte for everything except for the Tachyon since they've had pretty bad memory support, and wouldn't look at a lot of ASRock's sub $200 US motherboards, but otherwise it's just feature set and aesthetic difference, pick the cheapest board that has everything you want it to do that you think looks best), and either an RTX 3080 or 6900 XT. In ray traced games (none of what you play), the 3080 is faster, but in everything else a 6900 XT is faster, though Nvidia's drivers are a bit better (not enough to justify the worse performance IMO, I've used both and kept the 6900 XT for that reason, but wouldn't blame you going either way). That should be a fair bit budget if you buy new blocks for everything (assuming you want to keep it water cooled), and be about as good a gaming performance as you can get today. The 5800X3D and an AM4 board are also an option instead of the 13600K and would let you keep your RAM without any performance penalty as well, so that might be an option to consider as well. 

As for the case looking empty, just do some fancy tubing runs and run a vertical GPU, that should get it to fill the case up more (modern GPUs like the ones mentioned above are massive, keep that in mind).

If you're happy with your 2xTitan X GPU performance, you could look at just upgrading CPU board RAM, and add a fast (and bigger) NVMe drive, with somethin powerful like the new 7900X or 13700K, and DDR5 RAM

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

I think theres some software to disable those annoying patches, look up on yt disable spectre and meltdown windows 10

Overclock that 6850, aim for ~80c, max 90c, max volt ~1.45v (vccsa = vcore = ~1.45v safe), though advisable to stay ~1.3v due to heat and efficiency, ive also heard that x79/99 benifits abit from bclk strap 133 (able to run higher clocks at same volt) so set bclk strap to 133

@Va13ntinI would get one of the new 4080's/4090 or rx 7000 series cards and wait for 13th gen Intel or AMD's AM5 X3D CPU's that release early next year. Keep the case, PSU drives and so on. You might wanna get a gen 4 NVME SSD, If you get intel 13th gen you can keep your memory and get a motherboard that supports ddr4.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Thanks for good feedback. As some of you suggest, I'm wating a bit more to see whats around the corner. In the mean time I managed to find a BIOS update for my MB allowing me to keep my OC with windows updates on. I even spent some more time tweaking the OC and got it a bit higher. This might be enough to keep my system a bit longer.