Need Help - Very Strange GPU (RX 590 and RX 580) issue recently started happening

ByteMe9999

System

ASRock B450M Pro4 Motherboard

Ryzen 3600 CPU

32GB 3000mhz RAM

1TB WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD 

PowerColor Red Dragon RX 590 8GB GPU

Thermaltake Smart 700W PSU

Software

Windows 10 19044.2006

AMD Adrenaline 22.8.2

Monitor

Acer Nitro XV320QU

1440p @ 170Hz via Displayport

Recently my monitor would lose the signal from my GPU, after a reboot the Windows Basic Display Driver would be loaded.  Trying to load AMD Adrenalin via Windows Start causes a "AMD software not compatible with installed graphic driver" error.   Via Device Manger, under Display Adaptors Scan for new hardware will reload the RX 590 and installing latest drivers will re-attach existing installed drivers. 

Never seen anything like this before.  I have already tried removing all current and past display driver via Display Driver Uninstall and re-installed the latest.  Happening again, very intermittently but mostly after I have been gaming for 30minute+.  Any thoughts? Is my GPU dying? 

Continues to happen, so I replaced my RX 590 8gb card with an older Rx 580 4GB card I had and similar issues cropped up.  It's still losing the signal, however will recover on reboot.  Have not had to reinstall the drivers so far.  Also, the GPU fan ramps up a lot, and I wasn't gaming just watching Youtube) So, I'm thinking this might be either a Motherboard (ASRock B450m Pro), PSU (Thermaltake Smart 700W), or Software/Driver issue.  Thoughts?

Probably Windows 'updating' the driver to an old version which is somehow broken, like it always does (thanks MS). Run DDU, install driver 22.5.1 or 22.9.1 and run this tool which should block that specific driver update.

4 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

Probably Windows 'updating' the driver to an old version which is somehow broken, like it always does (thanks MS). Run DDU, install driver 22.5.1 or 22.9.1 and run this tool which should block that specific driver update.

I did run DDU and also ran amdcleanutility, still happening.  It just happened again, with the Rx 580 4gb card and it wouldn't get a signal on reboot.  So, I removed the card and moved it to a different slot and it booted.  Waiting to see if this holds for a longer period of time.  Also running GPU-Z  and logging to a file to see if it's some weird power spike.  But seeing as it's happing to multiple card that leads me to believe it's not the GPU, but either the motherboard, PSU or software related.  

Just now, ByteMe9999 said:

I did run DDU and also ran amdcleanutility, still happening.  It just happened again, with the Rx 580 4gb card and it wouldn't get a signal on reboot.  So, I removed the card and moved it to a different slot and it booted.  Waiting to see if this holds for a longer period of time.  Also running GPU-Z  and logging to a file to see if it's some weird power spike.  But seeing as it's happing to multiple card that leads me to believe it's not the GPU, but either the motherboard, PSU or software related.  

I don't really see how this is related to your motherboard or PSU (though your PSU is pretty bad) because it also loads the basic driver. Maybe you can try installing Windows on a second partition on the SSD (dualboot) to see if it happens then? That would tell us if it's software related.

4 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

I don't really see how this is related to your motherboard or PSU (though your PSU is pretty bad) because it also loads the basic driver. Maybe you can try installing Windows on a second partition on the SSD (dualboot) to see if it happens then? That would tell us if it's software related.

So, the original issue of loading he Basic driver seems to have been solved with running DDU and/or amdcleanerutility, however the losing the signal issue is still happening and it's even worse now.  Just loaded up a game (Rust) and it lost the signal immediately.  Once I reboot the signal was there with the correct drivers.  Yes, I know my PSU isn't a great one however I have not had any issues with it (built in 2020) up to this point.  It was what I could get when I built my PC.

Is there a log in the Eventviewer ? if the GPU get "disconnected" it could be a Powerloss due to the higher consumption of the GPU while under load and a failing or weak PSU. Does this Problem happen when you just do office work or something like that ?

4 hours ago, CreepNo1C said:

Is there a log in the Eventviewer ? if the GPU get "disconnected" it could be a Powerloss due to the higher consumption of the GPU while under load and a failing or weak PSU. Does this Problem happen when you just do office work or something like that ?

Nothing in EventLog. Interestingly, I booted into Linux (I have triple boot system, Windows 10, MX Linux, OpenCore MacOS Catalina) and was able to run CSGO (OpenGL) no issues.  However, in Windows GSGO makes me lose my video signal as soon as a load the game.  Also, in Windows the issue has happened once why just watching Youtube. 

I re-ran amdcleanuputility and DDU and installed the AMD Adrenalin WHQL drivers (v. 22.5.1) instead of the very latest drivers (v. 22.9.1) which were installed.  So far, this seems much more stable.  I have load both CSGO and Rust and so far I have not load video signal.  Hoping this solves it long term.

Never mind, started happening again (losing display signal after a random period of time) even in Linux. Definitely seems to be a hardware issue, just not sure what.  Motherboard or PSU?  I don't believe it's the GPU, since it's happened on 2 different ones.