I need help with hdmi!!

Hey ! I bought a new tv !

The exact model is Philips 42PFL3008D/78

My problem is: When I connect my ps3 it works fine, the image displays exactly how it should, every pixel is "used"

BUT when I plug some random old notebook it shows the option to 1080p but the image shows cropped by the upper sides and EXTREMELY pixelated,

seriusly, it looks like someone rendered a video with 20kbps codec

How can I fix this? I tried plugging my new notebook ( Avell w/ dual gtx 670m ) and it worked fine at 1080p,

whereas when I plug everything else, either a home theater, the same problem occurs, what's the deal with it?

OH and by the way, I plugged a xbox 360 and the same problem occured until I changed the output settings do Auto,

is there something to do with the hdmi port being old? is there a solution for that ??

If you guys need some photos, i can take them, just let me know...

Thanks for your attention

(sorry, my english is kinda bad, it is not my main language...)

Its because a lot of PC's (I personally have no idea why) seem to hate outputting 1080p to a TV. What you have to do is go and manually size the screen. If the computer has a nvidia GPU it will be under nvidia control panel, or if its intel integrated it should be under intels graphics properties somewhere. Once you manually set the size (for nvidia you just move the corner markers to the actual TV corners) it should work fine. Hopefully that helps, that's all I have ever had to do.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Have you selected what mode to use? 

Right click your desktop and click screen resolution, there your able to select whether you want to use only your monitor or to extend your current notebook screen.  Its because by default windows copies your notebook screen to your monitor, this means its outputting in the res of your notebook, select monitor only if you want your monitor to be the primary display :)

Its because a lot of PC's (I personally have no idea why) seem to hate outputting 1080p to a TV. What you have to do is go and manually size the screen. If the computer has a nvidia GPU it will be under nvidia control panel, or if its intel integrated it should be under intels graphics properties somewhere. Once you manually set the size (for nvidia you just move the corner markers to the actual TV corners) it should work fine. Hopefully that helps, that's all I have ever had to do.

YES ! already found it on amd settings, on nvidia it is set to auto (seriously, tested on 3 different pc's, all of them worked perfectly), thank you man, seriously :D best forum ever !