Win 10 stuck at automatic boot repair screen

Paul R

Hi

I was cleaning my PC when I disconnected the boot SSD. After I was done when I tried to turn the PC on I was stuck at the windows loading screen with the dots stuck. I restarted the PC and then it got stuck at the same screen with preaping automatic repair stuck . I tried to enter the win recovery environment but I couldn't get it no matter what button or key I press (which I found online such as F2,F8,F11,F12 shift +f11 etc). I then tried a bootable USB but it also gets stuck at the same screen after I select it as a primary boot drive. I don't have a recovery drive created but even if create a recovery usb from another PC, how am I to get into the recovery environment if all the PC does is get stuck on the boot loader screen.

Please help.

Thank you.

-= Topic moved to Troubleshooting =-

OP, boot without your drive(s) attached and see it will force it to boot to BIOS. 

Ill help best I can, but will only be available for about 30 min.

*Edit, sorry I am traveling I should have pointed that out. I was getting ready to leave on a 9hr drive [thus the limited time]. Still not yet home but I had a few to get on and add this from my hotel. 👍

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER