The RTX 4090 Looks SICK

AlexTheGreatish
10 hours ago, Pitboy64 said:

Just imagine the prices for these in Canada.
Not just the exchange, but the added Canadian tech hardware tax, in evidence anytime we know the American dollar price.

lol

You're really funny

How about you try in Israel?

Up until a month ago the 3090 was around 2100 bucks

3080 was 1200

The highest I saw a 3080 go for in my country was 2310 bucks and it was like that for more then a year and a half

Sadly, a 16GB 4080 will start from 1700 bucks in my country

The 12GB "4080" will probably start from 1400 bucks

And 4090?

Don't get me started bro

That'll be an easy 2600 bucks minimum for Gaming OC or TUF version

AORUS and STRIX will go for 2700 and any AIO card will start from 2900 (!!!!!!!!!) bucks 

But, it is hat is it I guess 

Ill probably try to get my hands on a used 3090 

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

It's sick because Nvidia is mentally ill.  Bottom line...  the 12GB 4080 has no business being called a 4080.  Ignorant people will buy it thinking it's just a 4080 with 12GB rather than 16GB.  If they lived in reality it would be called the 4070, or at least call the 16GB model the Ti.

10 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

lol

You're really funny

How about you try in Israel?

Up until a month ago the 3090 was around 2100 bucks

3080 was 1200

The highest I saw a 3080 go for in my country was 2310 bucks and it was like that for more then a year and a half

Sadly, a 16GB 4080 will start from 1700 bucks in my country

The 12GB "4080" will probably start from 1400 bucks

And 4090?

Don't get me started bro

That'll be an easy 2600 bucks minimum for Gaming OC or TUF version

AORUS and STRIX will go for 2700 and any AIO card will start from 2900 (!!!!!!!!!) bucks 

But, it is hat is it I guess 

Ill probably try to get my hands on a used 3090 

Israelis are easy money, no matter how much companies jack the prices Israelis will pay for it.

You guys have a serious purchasing power issue...

Just look at your steam regional prices or anything else that costs money - I won't be surprised if you pay more than anyone else.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Yall so mad at nvidia when yall should be mad at TSMC and Micron.... (and then a bit on nvidia for going so big on die and power)

2 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Yall so mad at nvidia when yall should be mad at TSMC and Micron.... (and then a bit on nvidia for going so big on die and power)

Nvidia still designs the chip.  TSMC is merely the fab.

10 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Israelis are easy money, no matter how much companies jack the prices Israelis will pay for it.

You guys have a serious purchasing power issue...

Just look at your steam regional prices or anything else that costs money - I won't be surprised if you pay more than any other country in the world.

Tell me about it....

I know a few sheeps that will upgrade every single year

Had an argument the other day with someone that has a 1 year old iPhone 13 Pro Max that he bought for 1450 bucks and now he pre-ordered the 14 Pro Max for 1620 bucks

Why?

He told me that its a new iPhone and the Upgrade is worth it for that stupid thingy at the top....

For real, wtf?

And I see so many people that are saying they have a 3090 and they will be upgrading to a 4090.... with a 1080P 144hz monitor playing for fortnite.........😢

Also know a few people that bought a 3080 back when that trash was 2310 bucks!!!!!!

That's what we call Daddy's moneyyyyyyy

You see where I'm going with it?

People here are just stupid sheeps

Its a really low IQ society...

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

7 minutes ago, chocolatekarma said:

Nvidia still designs the chip.  TSMC is merely the fab.

TSMC 4N is 3x the cost of Samsung 8N because TSMC keeps bumping up the price of it. 16 something thousand in 2020 to 18 something thousand today
Micron GDDR6x cost per gig is higher today then it was in 2020 as well. 

I'm also being facetious. TSMC was not wrong to increase prices of their 5nm range (4n being a part of that range)

But anyone who expected prices per tier to stay the same MSRP when every single aspect of the cards has gone up in price for the BOM is a silly thing to be mad about. Its not even Nvidia taking advantage of the market here. They have to pay TSMC and Micron. 

They could have just not released cards based of 102 or 103 to the general consumer initially, keep them for quadros only, and make pretend like they did with the GTX 680 and the rest of that line up, but yall would be mad about that just as much.

9 minutes ago, starsmine said:

TSMC 4N is 3x the cost of Samsung 8N because TSMC keeps bumping up the price of it. 16 something thousand in 2020 to 18 something thousand today
Micron GDDR6x cost per gig is higher today then it was in 2020 as well. 

I'm also being facetious. TSMC was not wrong to increase prices of their 5nm range (4n being a part of that range)

But anyone who expected prices per tier to stay the same MSRP when every single aspect of the cards has gone up in price for the BOM is a silly thing to be mad about. Its not even Nvidia taking advantage of the market here. They have to pay TSMC and Micron. 

They could have just not released cards based of 102 or 103 to the general consumer initially, keep them for quadros only, and make pretend like they did with the GTX 680 and the rest of that line up, but yall would be mad about that just as much.

My complaint is not price at all, but naming.

4 minutes ago, chocolatekarma said:

Not an accusation

How would you feel if Nvidia announced a 4070 here with the MSRP of 900 dollars?

5 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Not an accusation

How would you feel if Nvidia announced a 4070 here with the MSRP of 900 dollars?

I'd be fine with that.  Price is irrelevant when you're spending nearly 1K on a GPU.  Naming should appeal to plebs, as that's all most of them know to go by.  Though I do feel that anyone spending hundreds or 1K+ on something has a personal duty to know what they're buying, but we know that many consumers just plop money down right away and ask questions later.

7 hours ago, LapsedMemory said:

Disclaimer - I have no actual insider knowledge, so the following is pure speculation: 

Simple supply and demand, just not in the way it's usually attributed.  

There is not currently a huge demand for these cards, so the price doesn't seem justified at first glance.  

There is not currently a huge supply of these cards, so the price doesn't seem justified.

What there is, however, is a metric shiateton of 30 series inventory sitting on shelves that has to be moved with some form of profit margin for the board partners, or NVIDIA won't have any board partners left.  NVIDIA was between a rock and a hard place here.  They had to release the 40 series because they've already ordered way more chips than they will need now that the crypto market tanked, but if they price it too low, the 30 series market will tank, which is already struggling due to an influx of used cards on the market.  What's the only viable solution?  Jack the prices on the 40 tier, make a higher margin on people who just have to have 'latest and greatest', and ride out the inventory issue.  Prices should be reduced once the 30 series inventory is dried up.  

The other factor in play here is that NVIDIA possibly pricing this first wave for professional environments.  There are very few consumer level applications that actually NEED the performance boost of the 40 over the 30.  Hell, the average GPU in steam's hardware survey is still the GTX 1080, and most people are still running 1080p@60hz.  Corporations that need the extra graphics power will snatch these up as "cost of doing business" as the extra processing power will just factor into a longer ROI.  

I'm not saying I like what NVIDIA is doing, but from a business perspective, it makes sense.

What makes more sense is, if Ngreedia makes a terrible business move. They should eat it and suffer the consequences.

My people, don't bail them out with your hard earned cash. They don't deserve it.

14 hours ago, silentdragon95 said:

I sincerely hope that AMD isn't going to match these prices and that Intel doesn't cancel ARC and gets their software issues in order. We need a third competitor in the market now more than ever.

Intel has said they're in it for the long haul and prepared to lose hundreds of millions over a few years getting it right.  They're one of a very small number of companies that can truly afford to do that.  All this talk of them dropping ARC is BS.

7 hours ago, PikachuEXE said:

I am still using 980Ti (for 1080p)

Gonna switch to AMD for my next card (just not sure if 7xxx or 6xxx)

980TI is great even for 1440P too - I was rocking mine with a 3440x1440 panel for years without a single problem. The ONLY reason I jumped to 3080TI was because I had the perfect chance for an upgrade while the cards were in stock, at a totally normal price, and as we can see now, that they were still being produced. It's sad EVGA is out of the game, but sad too that it will be even harder now to find a card with a water block factory fitted and a warranty.

At 2K+ CAD they can keep it.

My Folding Stats

My BOINC Stats

VelosterN:

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz 32GB - Asus ROG Strix Gaming 6750 XT OC

Corsair Crystal Series 680x RGB - Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB NVMe - Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe - Samsung 860 Pro 256 GB 2.5" SSD X2

EVGA P2 80+ Platinum 850Watt PSU - BenQ XL2730Z 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz - be quiet! Dark Rock 4

Corsair K70 LUX - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Sennheiser HD599 - Blue Yeti Mic

Windows 11 Professional Version 22H2

BettyBoop:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X - Asus ROG Strix B450-I Gaming - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz 16GB - Asus ROG Strix Gaming 5500 XT - Fractal Design Core 500

Samsung 860 Pro 512GB Sata - EVGA 550GM 80+ Gold 550Watt SFX PSU - be quiet! Dark Rock 4

Windows 11 Professional Version 22H2

HTPC:

Intel i7 6700K - Asus Maximus Hero VIII - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz 16GB - MSI RX480 Gaming-X 8GB - Cooler Master 932 HAF

Seagate 250GB HDD - EVGA G2 80+ Gold 650Watt PSU - Corsair H100i

Windows 10 Professional Version 21H2

3 hours ago, chocolatekarma said:

Yes, this.

Naming a 4070 a 4080 12Gb is intentionally misleading and slimy AF.

Ngreedia is such a huge company, but the operate like a con artist these days. 

4 hours ago, Ubersonic said:

If Nvidia are quoting 2-4x performance improvement then you can bet a kidney that it will be an absolute max of 2x, as usualy they will prob be quoting DLSS/RTX numbers most people don't care about to make their numbers look better.

Yep, they used dlss 2 on the 3090ti and dlss 3 on the 4090.

But still

Raw power seems like 50 60% more powerfull than 3090ti. The 4090 it's a beast, dlss 3 or not.

The problem are the 2 3080, i beliave they are really overpriced, but the 4090 it's ok

15 hours ago, Luscious said:

Thanks but I'll pass. Rather have four cards 1 slot thick than one card 4 slots thick 🤣🤣🤣

TheShelby.jpg

i have a 3090 on the rig and a 3090ti in the pc 

But i will pick the 4090 after i saw the benchmark, i'm 90% sure i will buy it loooool

This is become an illness ahahah

25 minutes ago, ThousandBlade said:

Yes, this.

Naming a 4070 a 4080 12Gb is intentionally misleading and slimy AF.

Ngreedia is such a huge company, but the operate like a con artist these days. 

Yep, or at the very least they should have called the 16GB model the Ti.  Something to differentiate them more than VRAM size.

Looks just like the previous gen, bigger though.  The only thing "sick" about it is the price.  "Sick" like it needs to be put down.

3 hours ago, Slizzo said:

8800Ultra was actually $1k....

Almost: https://www.anandtech.com/show/2222

Screenshot_20220922-070652-571.png

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

16 hours ago, HardStroke said:

Tell me about it....

I know a few sheeps that will upgrade every single year

Had an argument the other day with someone that has a 1 year old iPhone 13 Pro Max that he bought for 1450 bucks and now he pre-ordered the 14 Pro Max for 1620 bucks

Why?

He told me that its a new iPhone and the Upgrade is worth it for that stupid thingy at the top....

For real, wtf?

And I see so many people that are saying they have a 3090 and they will be upgrading to a 4090.... with a 1080P 144hz monitor playing for fortnite.........😢

Also know a few people that bought a 3080 back when that trash was 2310 bucks!!!!!!

That's what we call Daddy's moneyyyyyyy

You see where I'm going with it?

People here are just stupid sheeps

Its a really low IQ society...

I hope you mined back the money of your 3090 like me, or your arguments about IQ will lose value very fast^^ ahahaha

I made so much that i can buy the 4090 also for "free" ahahahahah

On 9/22/2022 at 12:04 PM, VRGamingItalia said:

I hope you mined back the money of your 3090 like me, or your arguments about IQ will lose value very fast^^ ahahaha

I made so much that i can buy the 4090 also for "free" ahahahahah

What?

I don't have a 3090 bro

On 9/23/2022 at 2:59 PM, HardStroke said:

What?

I don't have a 3090 bro

And you talk about other's people iq, you don't even have a 3090 in the year of free video cards LOL

7 hours ago, VRGamingItalia said:

And you talk about other's people iq, you don't even have a 3090 in the year of free video cards LOL

lol

Im not spending 850 bucks on a used 3090 just to play csgo and forza

my 2080 is enough