Keyboard on new laptop goes to sleep.

I have just bought a new laptop , Asus's x13 2022 version , and for some reason my laptop's keyboard keeps going to sleep.  If i don't use it constantly it will take like 2-3 seconds for it to "wake up" and start actually working. during that time the keys queue up and they all appear at once. When it's not sleeping it works fine. The os is windows 11. Thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...
On 9/17/2022 at 5:26 PM, Kodutah said:

I have just bought a new laptop , Asus's x13 2022 version , and for some reason my laptop's keyboard keeps going to sleep.  If i don't use it constantly it will take like 2-3 seconds for it to "wake up" and start actually working. during that time the keys queue up and they all appear at once. When it's not sleeping it works fine. The os is windows 11. Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem. Wondering if you have found the solution

• 10 months later...

exactly same issue on Asus as well. Only takes restart to fix it, till it happens again.

It looks like an issue related to power saving. Have you guys tried switching the power plan to "High Performance"?

Steps:

win-key search for "Edit power plan" Open it.

Click "Change advanced power settings."

Click "High Performance" from the top drop-down menu.

Apply.

Check if that solves the issue; if it does, we could work on narrowing down the exact setting that's causing the problem.

Qoute my reply if you want me to answer back. 

• 4 months later...