what phone do you like more.

Tesla_tech

what phone do you like more  

22 members have voted

1. 1. what phone is your phone?

hi,

I was wondering what phone you use more for me to collect some data.

answer the poll to tell me

iPhone. 

Data security, longevity and just being well rounded and reliable without derping on certain aspects like android tend to 

Don't get me wrong I like Android and its options, but after 10 years of android and going to iPhone, I'm glad my phone just works when I want it too. I had Galaxy devices, Oneplus, and Google pixel devices

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

7 minutes ago, mr fobs said:

Don't get me wrong I like Android and its options, but after 10 years of android and going to iPhone, I'm glad my phone just works when I want it too. I had Galaxy devices, Oneplus, and Google pixel devices

This is my exact experience. A decade of high end Android but I finally decided to switch to an iPhone to see how it is last year and I’m hooked. 

It’s just a smoother experience overall and just works. 

9 minutes ago, Imbadatnames said:

iPhone. 

Data security, longevity and just being well rounded and reliable without derping on certain aspects like android tend to 

Longevity is a non-issue with literally any BBK phone, they're all reliable. Data security? Don't make me laugh, I mean, Xiaomeme and alikes... sure. But with a good Android, it's also a non-issue. You can also get MB AV on those beast android phones which will be even better than Apple for security.

A good, modern Android doesn't derp. 

I hate Apple with my life, they can keep the pretty girls and the overpriced phones in their stores.

10 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Longevity is a non-issue with literally any BBK phone, they're all reliable. Data security? Don't make me laugh, I mean, Xiaomeme and alikes... sure. But with a good Android, it's also a non-issue. You can also get MB AV on those beast android phones which will be even better than Apple for security.

Android only guarantees 2 years of updates, the OS balls’ up every so often requiring a restart and Google literally datamines every aspect of your data for anything it can sell. 

Android as an OS isn’t that secure. Hardware won’t change that. 

10 minutes ago, Motifator said:

A good, modern Android doesn't derp. 

I hate Apple with my life, they can keep the pretty girls and the overpriced phones in their stores.

Kinda does, in the camera for example you will get photos that are completely unusable because the phone dropped the ball, you don’t get that with an iPhone.

Android flagships are literally more expensive than the iPhone. 

14 minutes ago, Imbadatnames said:

Android only guarantees 2 years of updates, the OS balls’ up every so often requiring a restart and Google literally datamines every aspect of your data for anything it can sell. 

Android as an OS isn’t that secure. Hardware won’t change that. 

Kinda does, in the camera for example you will get photos that are completely unusable because the phone dropped the ball, you don’t get that with an iPhone.

Android flagships are literally more expensive than the iPhone. 

Bullshit, you clearly have no clue what you're talking about. Samsung gives way over 2 years of updates. My Realme almost never restarts... has been that way for the previous 3 years. Then you talk about Google selling data, do you think your other data isn't sold online here? You have far other things to be worried about regarding data security which is a meme in itself nowadays.

Hardware does change the security, Xiaomi installs BLOATWARE in your phone, whereas BBK does NOT. So this matters in, how secure your phone gets. Xiaomi purposed shoves you ads that consist of stuff like gambling while you're using your phone. So you're double time wrong.

Android flagships are not more expensive than an iPhone, older or newer. iPhones cost just as much of a fortune, if not more. Besides, who says you have to buy a flagship? Literally any Cortex A72 core CPU such as 778+ phone will be WAY more than fine. Stop talking nonsense.

Pixel 5. 

I always go android just for pricing reasons. I could have bought two pixel phones for the price of the cheapest current iPhone at the time (I am excluding the SE here). Yes my phone was on sale, but I was waiting to pull the trigger for well over a month and iPhones don't really go on sale. They may get cheaper, but never cheap.

Just my personal experience. 

I don't hate iPhones, I also don't love android. I just want something decent and I don't want to pay a grand for everything.

Also, I don't baby my phones and I really don't see the point in having a thousand euro phone in the middle of whatever construction project in my house at the moment. 

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

iPhone. It works reliably with no fuckery required, long software support. I have a 13 Pro Max for the massive battery, and a bit for the screen, I don't really take advantage of any of the other features. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

9 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Bullshit, you clearly have no clue what you're talking about. Samsung gives way over 2 years of updates. My Realme almost never restarts... has been that way for the previous 3 years. Then you talk about Google selling data, do you think your other data isn't sold online here? You have far other things to be worried about regarding data security which is a meme in itself nowadays.

Samsung would be up to 4. 

I haven’t had to restart an iPhone in 10 years. 

What data? I run through a throwaway email that’s put through hide my email, safari blocks most trackers and I go through private relay. Three of those are iOS specific features btw

Hardware does change the security, Xiaomi installs BLOATWARE in your phone, whereas BBK does NOT. So this matters in, how secure your phone gets. Xiaomi purposed shoves you ads that consist of stuff like gambling while you're using your phone. So you're double time wrong.

Bloatware doesn’t have an impact on OS level vulnerabilities dude 

Android flagships are not more expensive than an iPhone, older or newer. iPhones cost just as much of a fortune, if not more. Besides, who says you have to buy a flagship? Literally any Cortex A72 core CPU such as 778+ phone will be WAY more than fine. Stop talking nonsense.

The 14 pro max costs 1100. 

The Sony Pro I cost 1600 at launch, the Samsung S22 Ultra was 1200 at launch, the fold 1700 etc etc etc 

19 minutes ago, Imbadatnames said:

What data? I run through a throwaway email that’s put through hide my email, safari blocks most trackers and I go through private relay. Three of those are iOS specific features btw

The Sony Pro I cost 1600 at launch, the Samsung S22 Ultra was 1200 at launch, the fold 1700 etc etc etc 

And never this phone actually went away and asked for a restart while I was outside. It typically happens at evening time when I'm at home, so I believe the updates are timed and those only happen in months period. Not only that, because of the high end nature of the phone I own, it updates itself in a very short period. So it's a NON-issue.

I'm talking about your data on the PC, not phone. You're trying to mesmerize people on the security of the iPhone, but again, data security IS a tilde today. Many sources use your data regardless of whether you want it or not.

Bloatware does have OS level vulnerabilities, my old Mi 8 which I gave to my mom had LOTS of awful issues like asking for her to buy Mi Coins while she was using it. Along with fake "your phone is infected, download this to save it" messages. It's gotten to such a horrible point that I threw it away and bought her a Samsung.

You're talking about overpriced brands like Sony, and Samsung's top end models. The foldable phone is in another category in itself, also when Apple gets theirs out, you can be ensured it will cost just as much, if not more.

If you look at more sensible brands, like Motorola, BBK, etc.. their phones never cost 1700, not even half of it typically. Moreover, Apple phones cost a lot more outside of the United States and I actually think they cost more in most places on earth including the U.S. I can always prove this by pulling a chart of Snappy Gen 1 phones to compare to Apple's offerings that they can be compared to.

1 hour ago, Imbadatnames said:

Samsung provides 4 OS updates, and 5 years of security updates.

And how often you have to restart your phone is just an anecdotal claim, also seems like a bunch of BS to me because no matter how magical iPhone users think their phone is, the phone is still gonna need a restart to apply an update. Also many companies are going to track you regardless, you have to be delusional to think Apple doesn't track you either.

It definitely does if the bloatware is spyware.

The iPhone 14 pro max starts at $1100, for one with 256GB.

Although launch prices are pointless as a Sony Xperia Pro I is $1199 for the 512GB, a Samsung S22 Ultra 512GB is around $1000 and a Samsung Z Fold 4 is a niche phone so of course its going to be expensive.

I personally use iPhone. I think their os is great and there's not much they need to work on. the camera quality could have been better on the older phones, but when apple dose something I can alway count that they know what they are doing. 

if I had the cash to replace my phone to the new iPhone 14 I would. looks like apple has solved all the problems with the old iPhones.

7 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

Samsung provides 4 OS updates, and 5 years of security updates.

The wording is up to. 

And how often you have to restart your phone is just an anecdotal claim, also seems like a bunch of BS to me because no matter how magical iPhone users think their phone is, the phone is still gonna need a restart to apply an update. Also many companies are going to track you regardless, you have to be delusional to think Apple doesn't track you either.

Restarting due to an update isn’t the same as the OS not working 

It definitely does if the bloatware is spyware.

The iPhone 14 pro max starts at $1100, for one with 256GB.

Although launch prices are pointless as a Sony Xperia Pro I is $1199 for the 512GB, a Samsung S22 Ultra 512GB is around $1000 and a Samsung Z Fold 4 is a niche phone so of course its going to be expensive.

Launch proves aren’t pointless it’s literally what the manufacturer values the phone at new. Also the S22U price is from Samsungs own website 

5 minutes ago, Imbadatnames said:

The wording is up to. 

Launch proves aren’t pointless it’s literally what the manufacturer values the phone at new. Also the S22U price is from Samsungs own website 

what's your vote?

I am using Honor Magic4 Pro. It's awesome. But truly speaking iPhone is the phone that I always want to have. It's fashionable and stable. No one need to worry whether it will give a good service or not. 

But if you talk about budget then I like android. Because iPhone is expensive than any other phone. 

5 hours ago, Imbadatnames said:

The wording is up to. 

Samsung does offer many years of support on their decent phones, of which are most.

OS not working? Drop the crack, my Realme still kicks butt.

Also, flagship Samsung phones have horrible battery management nowadays. Also also, you can use Android without Google. That's what Huawei / Honor have been doing.

So we have learned today that some people prefer Android and some people prefer iPhone and that is okay! Everyone has a preference!

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

I have to say I'm not pleased with this thread. There's exaggerations and distortions from both camps.

I generally prefer iPhones. They're faster, boast excellent overall camera quality, receive the longest software support and have very tight ecosystem integration (AirPods, Apple Watch, Mac and the like). It's not "basic and overrated;" you're paying for a strong experience that rarely lets you down.

With that said, the iPhone isn't sprinkled with magic pixie dust. iOS data privacy is generally better than on Android, but the notion that Google is spying on all your data? Sorry, but that's just not true. iPhones aren't usually overpriced compared to equivalent Android devices, but it's true that Android caters to a much wider audience and currently offers better value in the mid range (next year's iPhone SE is rumored to catch up on that front). I find iPhones more consistently performant and reliable, but there are many Android phones that are reasonably quick and stable. I'd happily use my Pixel 6 as my main phone if I had to... now that Google has largely ironed out the fingerprint reader issues, anyway.

At the same time, I have beefs with some generalizations about Android phones. "Literally" all BBK phones are reliable? That'd be a very difficult statement to prove, even though it's true brands like Oppo and Realme can deliver good value. You can use Android without leaning on Google, the real-world experience is usually sub-par with mediocre apps and a dearth of services. And while many mid-tier Android phones offer good general-use performance, they sometimes struggle when pushed to their limits.

Remember: it's just a phone, not a way of life. Hating Apple or Google accomplishes nothing, and suggests you're too attached to your tech.

The issue is that this topic is nebulous and ambiguous.  Your android experience will likely be vastly different on a motorola or sony than a google or samsung.  If you can get an android that suits your needs, that isn't samsung or google, I would vouch that said user experience is superior iPhone--less bloatware, etc.  But there are horrible Android phones too, and that means that simply comparing "Android" to "iOS" is a non-sequitor.

p.s.

Sony's phones aren't overpriced.  The 5 and the 10 are quite reasonably priced.  The 1 Pro is stupidly feature laden for what you get--and is in no way intended for just a regular "high end consumer".  The 1 Pro is quite literally everything actually "pro" that apple lies about the iPhone Pro being.

6 hours ago, Motifator said:

Samsung does offer many years of support on their decent phones, of which are most.

OS not working? Drop the crack, my Realme still kicks butt.

Also, flagship Samsung phones have horrible battery management nowadays. Also also, you can use Android without Google. That's what Huawei / Honor have been doing.

Samsung makes decent phones? 

Huawei, not Honor. And last I checked their stock outside of China has tanked and they don’t sell many phones if any 

24 minutes ago, Imbadatnames said:

Samsung makes decent phones? 

Huawei, not Honor. And last I checked their stock outside of China has tanked and they don’t sell many phones if any 

Some of them are easily fine.

No, I meant BOTH Huawei AND Honor. They're different companies now (like how AsRock & Asus became), a lot of their models have NO Google support... clearly you're off there as well...

and there's nothing inherited wrong with some of their older models as they SUPPORT Google, like the P30. The Kirin CPU is good - so is the rest of the phone itself. Lack of Google services is an issue for most average users, however can be dealt with in other means.