LGA1700 Intel socket is it really that bad?

Redsiskin

I was saving for a long time money for a new gaming PC with 12900KF (since i am going to buy GPU anyway i dont need Processor Graphics) but after seeing this video about this socket i really don't know what to do ?

Should i wait for the new Gen raptor lake ? new socket to come out ?

“When the last tree is cut down, the last fish eaten and the last stream poisoned, you will realize that you cannot eat money.”

5 minutes ago, Redsiskin said:

I was saving for a long time money for a new gaming PC with 12900KF (since i am going to buy GPU anyway i dont need Processor Graphics) but after seeing this video about this socket i really don't know what to do ?

Should i wait for the new Gen raptor lake ? new socket to come out ?

There are 5$ brackets that solve all of those issues for sale now, and I highly doubt the socket is going to change in between 2 generations. I would wait for 13th gen to come out, and then buy 12th gen, since it will be on discount. You don't always need the latest and greatest, and 12th gen will suffice.

GN, as well as others did some videos about he bracket solution. Looks like a really easy fix. If you want Alder Lake, go ahead and do i, but factor in the price of the bracket