Can I buy an Iphone 14 Pro in the US and use it in the EU???

Ryodu

Anyone knows the differences between the Iphone 14 Pro sold in the US vs EU??

Here in Germany the Iphone 14 Pro starts at 1300€ and in Anchorage I can get it for 1000USD, thats a 30% difference in price......

Is there any reason not to buy the US Iphone and use it mainly in the EU (Germany) ???

Import fees and different bands. Like unless you are going there and buying and taking it home you at least wont have to worry about import fees (but warranty is forfeit).

For bands check what your carrier uses and if esim is supported.

Also another question for yourself. Do you really need a phone that expensive and will you actually use it fully or can you do with a lower end cheaper model?

@jaslion thx for your response

Import fees and esim are not an issue at all.

Will have a look at the bands. I wish apple would have a document about the differences between EU / US Models of their IPhones.

4:50 timestamp

If you need more than 2 carriers, the US phone won't do very well.

3 minutes ago, tkitch said:

I have never used more then 1 carrier.

There is plenty of call apps that make calls over the internet, some are even for free.

7 minutes ago, tkitch said:

4:50 timestamp

You can store up to 8 eSIMs on an iPhone 14 Pro, but only 2 can be active at the same time. It's not as bad as Linus makes it out to be (still pretty bad though, what's wrong with a SIM tray?).

If you are visiting the US, you could buy it and just claim it as your personal phone to avoid custom and tax in Germany. If you are not traveling and need to order online to be shipped to Germany, the Gestapo likely will intercept it and collect tax/tariff. The answer to that decides if your idea makes any sense to begin with. Also note, the price in Alaska likely is without their sales tax. Looks like AK doesn't have a State sales tax, but allows local sales tax up to 7.5%. So figure out what the "out the door" price is. 

And phones may have different features for different markets. Not sure if the EU version has USB-C vs. lightning etc. I know US phones already have some minute differences based on if you buy an unlocked one, or a carrier-provided one. So you should also research all that before making a decision. And you likely will have a hell of a time getting warranty. 

BTW, that picture of the LTT video is exactly why I don't watch LTT. Clickbait name and childish picture. Maybe the content is great, but I'm clearly not the target audience.

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro