Old pc shop haul

NJrelictron

Hey everyone i hope I’m posting in the right spot.

I bought a few totes from a man who selling off the contents of local pc repair shop.

I new a good chunk would be ewaste but there was more then i expected here. Are any of these old hou’s worth putting on eBay or should i just mail them to the wall?

Thanks everyone

3E512D4B-A49F-4E71-946B-81BD04674EFD.jpeg

A7BACC82-7933-4273-84C9-B139B4265478.jpeg

A3190C19-822E-49B6-9201-03707A21486D.jpeg

It really depends on what's hiding under those coolers (if those are post-LGA1155 boards with decent processors, they could be worth flipping), and what those GPUs actually are. I think I would go the Craigslist route rather than eBay, but that's neither here nor there.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 hour ago, An0maly_76 said:

It really depends on what's hiding under those coolers (if those are post-LGA1155 boards with decent processors, they could be worth flipping), and what those GPUs actually are. I think I would go the Craigslist route rather than eBay, but that's neither here nor there.

No those are garbage g41 boards, worth absolutely nothing and overclock so bad even their g31 predeccesors are demolishing them (giga g31m s2c, 440 stable, 542 max fsb, my board is apparently the g31 wr holder, asus p5kpl, 500 max likely garbage bios limit, limited to 400 due to sata dying for some reason)

But god damn R5X? Those are worth quite alot as collector boards nowadays, any other interesting boards and gpus? Also how much did you buy all this stuff for?

10 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

No those are garbage g41 boards, worth absolutely nothing and overclock so bad even their g31 predeccesors are demolishing them (giga g31m s2c, 440 stable, 542 max fsb, my board is apparently the g31 wr holder, asus p5kpl, 500 max likely garbage bios limit, limited to 400 due to sata dying for some reason)

Not everybody overclocks though.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

Thats pretty much the only way you get 775 to perform decently, though 775 is dirt cheap anyways aside from collectors or oc boards like giga ep45 (particularly ud boards) and asus p5e/REX/Striker(ii)/blitz

If you arent in a developing country those boards are worthless, even in developing countries their near worthless aside from cheap schools

22 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Thats pretty much the only way you get 775 to perform decently, though 775 is dirt cheap anyways aside from collectors or oc boards like giga ep45 (particularly ud boards) and asus p5e/REX/Striker(ii)/blitz

If you arent in a developing country those boards are worthless, even in developing countries their near worthless aside from cheap schools

Depends on the usage case, though I agree they're a hard sell for gaming. Fine for surfing web and such though. Though that  one with the huge tower cooler on it could well be a top-shelf Xeon, that while dated, could be worth something to the right person. Not everyone is looking for earth-shattering performance, some just want a nice upgrade without a lot of investment.

OP, if those are LGA775 boards, this will give you an idea of what's good and what's so-so. The Core 2 Quad 4-core variants are much more desirable than their garden-variety two-core counterparts, and some legacy hardware buffs might like to get their hands on one if you happen to have one. Their model #s are Q9550, Q9650, Q8400. These and a few other 'hot-rod' LGA775s are outlined in this link. And of course, a Xeon is always good to find, though I'm not sure Xeon was a thing until LGA1155.

https://istouchidhackedyet.com/best-lga-775-cpu/#r

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 hour ago, An0maly_76 said:

Depends on the usage case, though I agree they're a hard sell for gaming. Fine for surfing web and such though. Though that  one with the huge tower cooler on it could well be a top-shelf Xeon, that while dated, could be worth something to the right person. Not everyone is looking for earth-shattering performance, some just want a nice upgrade without a lot of investment.

OP, if those are LGA775 boards, this will give you an idea of what's good and what's so-so. The Core 2 Quad 4-core variants are much more desirable than their garden-variety two-core counterparts, and some legacy hardware buffs might like to get their hands on one if you happen to have one. Their model #s are Q9550, Q9650, Q8400. These and a few other 'hot-rod' LGA775s are outlined in this link. And of course, a Xeon is always good to find, though I'm not sure Xeon was a thing until LGA1155.

https://istouchidhackedyet.com/best-lga-775-cpu/#r

Lmfao c2q are retard traps, e/x5450 go for a fraction of the price of its q9650 c2q counterpart, same for e5440 and q9550, there are even x5460 and 70 which are above the q9650 multi wise

They dont go very high on fsb other than on giga ep45 ud3r/p where 500 easy but some can do 550+, hwbot q8400 wr uses a ud3r iirc and it crosses the 600fsb barrier, incase you dont know those c2qs are terrible at fsb usually capping at 450 ish or 500 on other boards, those "garden variety" c2ds and their xeon counterparts (personally looking at buying an x5260 aka higher binned e8600 for 5g ~1.6v) have basically no limit on fsb, 766fsb wr is held by en e8600 with an ep45 ud3r iirc, someone even got 705fsb on air on one of those ud3rs somehow

You could probably throw a couple of 'retrocomputing' XP machines together with that pile, but forget about dragging them into the 2020s. They'll come kicking and screaming.

Check eBay sold listings to get a rough idea of how much they go for, and how often they get sold.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

3 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

You could probably throw a couple of 'retrocomputing' XP machines together with that pile, but forget about dragging them into the 2020s. They'll come kicking and screaming.

Aside from the quads though those are still mostly fine, the duos need to be >4.5g to be of any use

I think sandy or ivy were the last that officially supported xp so those would be a much better xp machine without oc, this is still in the era of 1ghz+ oc so anything not oced is obv a waste of performance but i dont think xp cares that much anyways so an undervolted locked ivy cpu would prob be best, core 2 is a waste of time unless overclocked or dirt cheap/free

8 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

True, but at the same time all it takes is one buyer per item(s) to sell. 

Some of those GPU's are worth a little change, not a fortune's worth but collectively they do make for a nice lot of cards.
There's even a few I'd buy myself if I were shopping for one or two, namely the AGP slotted ones since I do have use for such here.

Thing is, what the OP has is worth something so they can list them and watch 'em go out the door.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

8 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

But god damn R5X? Those are worth quite alot as collector boards nowadays, any other interesting boards and gpus? Also how much did you buy all this stuff for?

Obviously hit the wrong thing to reply so o gave you the solution.

i paid him 80 for what you see plus a few other totes. He asked me to call him in a month when he gets to the storage unit as well

1 minute ago, NJrelictron said:

i paid him 80 for what you see plus a few other totes. He asked me to call him in a month when he gets to the storage unit as well

80$ for the r5x alone is a steal, the extra stuff while somewhat valueless (particularly the crap g41 boards and some of the more insignificant gpus for retro gaming) is still a nice bonus

24 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

True, but at the same time all it takes is one buyer per item(s) to sell. 

Some of those GPU's are worth a little change, not a fortune's worth but collectively they do make for a nice lot of cards.
There's even a few I'd buy myself if I were shopping for one or two, namely the AGP slotted ones since I do have use for such here.

Thing is, what the OP has is worth something so they can list them and watch 'em go out the door.

This is exactly the point I was making. Everything is worth something to someone. I have a derelict machine with an early AM4 board sitting around I've thought about doing something with if I can do it cheap enough.

22 minutes ago, NJrelictron said:

That can be undone if you wish.

Hell, for $80, I see where you could stand to make a profit here, the key is to determine what is worth something and what is not, and that means figuring out exactly what all you have. Zooming in on these photos, some of this stuff might be more up to date than most might think. I see a PNY XLR8 card, which depending on the chipset it uses, could actually be worth something. The dual DVI could be a hard sell though.

@NJrelictron

ADDED: In regard to ebay and Amazon listings for pricing, be aware that I can buy an AMD A6-9500 for $90 right now brand-new, but it doesn't make much sense against a $125 4600G or a $150 5600G. So keep in mind that such listings are sometimes unclear about the item's status as unsold new versus used. As such, an unsold new item does not necessarily reflect a realistic price for older hardware, even if it is brand-new.

Example -- I Googled PNY XLR8 dual DVI and found this Amazon listing for a PNY XLR8 Geforce 9800 card at $168.86. It appears to have some minor differences, but could well be the same card. At any rate, this is probably an unsold new card from the last run as better hardware was being released and is sitting forgotten in a warehouse with no one bothering to change the price reflecting its current ranking in the hierarchy.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

49 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

This is exactly the point I was making. Everything is worth something to someone. I have a derelict machine with an early AM4 board sitting around I've thought about doing something with if I can do it cheap enough.

That can be undone if you wish.

Hell, for $80, I see where you could stand to make a profit here, the key is to determine what is worth something and what is not, and that means figuring out exactly what all you have. Zooming in on these photos, some of this stuff might be more up to date than most might think. I see a PNY XLR8 card, which depending on the chipset it uses, could actually be worth something. The dual DVI could be a hard sell though.

@NJrelictron

ADDED: In regard to ebay and Amazon listings for pricing, be aware that I can buy an AMD A6-9500 for $90 right now brand-new, but it doesn't make much sense against a $125 4600G or a $150 5600G. So keep in mind that such listings are sometimes unclear about the item's status as unsold new versus used. As such, an unsold new item does not necessarily reflect a realistic price for older hardware, even if it is brand-new.

Example -- I Googled PNY XLR8 dual DVI and found this Amazon listing for a PNY XLR8 Geforce 9800 card at $168.86. It appears to have some minor differences, but could well be the same card. At any rate, this is probably an unsold new card from the last run as better hardware was being released and is sitting forgotten in a warehouse with no one bothering to change the price reflecting its current ranking in the hierarchy.

Yeah i need to still comb through and research the bulk of it yet.  I’m happy with purchase especially with the rampage and a few other items. As for the rest I’ll research them and search eBay completed items for an idea of what to expect as far as selling then goes. I really didn’t see this being a come up or anything i did figure i could hopefully break even plus i get to play and tinker with some old hardware for awhile, and that’s the real score

6 minutes ago, NJrelictron said:

Yeah i need to still comb through and research the bulk of it yet.  I’m happy with purchase especially with the rampage and a few other items. As for the rest I’ll research them and search eBay completed items for an idea of what to expect as far as selling then goes. I really didn’t see this being a come up or anything i did figure i could hopefully break even plus i get to play and tinker with some old hardware for awhile, and that’s the real score

Yeah, you could sell four motherboard / CPU combos for $20 each and recoup your money, especially if any of them are Core 2 Quads, which I suspect is what may be hiding under that ridiculously large cooler on the one in the foreground. Even the older GPUs should be worth $20 each. Some could be worth a bit more, but I'm calling a cap of $50 for any one piece if you actually expect to sell it.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

9 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

Yeah, you could sell four motherboard / CPU combos for $20 each and recoup your money, especially if any of them are Core 2 Quads, which I suspect is what may be hiding under that ridiculously large cooler on the one in the foreground. Even the older GPUs should be worth $20 each. Some could be worth a bit more, but I'm calling a cap of $50 for any one piece if you actually expect to sell it.

Except the r5x, that things gonna sell for 150+ easy

I am jelly!

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

I see a BFG 7800 GS in agp which is a really nice and valuable agp card, 75-100$ on its own.

the pcie evga 6800 there is also definitely a solid old card though if it was agp it would be worth upwards of 200$, as pcie maybe 60 bucks

the rampage V extreme if it’s in working order is a valuable board 

there’s definitely some good stuff here if you know what you’re looking for, plenty of people would be interested in those higher end 2005-2008 era cards and the rampage V

23 hours ago, NJrelictron said:

There’s another tote of more boring gpu’s as well

I’d be interested in seeing more gpus.

I don’t mean for this to sound rude but if you didn’t see the agp 7800 GS and immediately see $$$, you might want to run the “boring” gpus through here first to see what else may be hiding in there

15 hours ago, 8tg said:

I’d be interested in seeing more gpus.

I don’t mean for this to sound rude but if you didn’t see the agp 7800 GS and immediately see $$$, you might want to run the “boring” gpus through here first to see what else may be hiding in there

Didn’t see the what?  Honestly all i noticed was the rampage. I posted pics of the best looking gpu’s most of the others doing have graphics or even fans.  When i get home I’ll see if i can throw up a better pic

25 minutes ago, NJrelictron said:

Didn’t see the what?  Honestly all i noticed was the rampage. I posted pics of the best looking gpu’s most of the others doing have graphics or even fans.  When i get home I’ll see if i can throw up a better pic

this one:

423C6F19-4F7E-49B3-A350-A93DF53CDE47.thumb.jpeg.8766f7f2bfaafbeaf59bda2f8baa4658.jpeg

that’s a nvidia 7800 GS on the agp bus, it being AGP is what makes it special here

they sell for a decent bit of money

74556D75-3E12-4AA0-958B-EBB04C768914.thumb.jpeg.ea325be2271abd045fbdbb1cc9a434c1.jpeg

E7FCBB0B-C21E-47EC-89CC-0C2E2291F8C2.thumb.jpeg.27f59375dd7d87e0d0d8a03d922854bf.jpeg

8A947B5C-59FB-463B-AA5B-8915CBEAFC04.thumb.jpeg.ccfb9de29eae57cedffa9fa255da717a.jpeg

If you paid $80 for this lot you made your money back on that single card alone.

And this this one up here is a 6800 ultra

DBDB4C98-B483-483C-8663-D3B1B0263C81.jpeg.f61681cd961c4c16ee7cce28acbef8e4.jpeg

And while it’s not as valuable because it’s pcie and not agp for a 6800, it is evga. Early evga is popular for collectors simply because it’s evga. 

but the problem with cards like this is that it’s a niche market of people who are buying them, so prices go all over the place 

E98142A8-63CA-4894-AFE0-4082C5C405C4.thumb.jpeg.376d30f9ff9620fa681fb022ec8dcb3e.jpeg

one day It could be worth 100$+
540F3B96-1CCB-4982-A6AD-A0E58AC5BA6A.thumb.jpeg.9f0a228433120d432f913c0a894e5445.jpeg

the next it’s a third of that

01C6B0A1-F5BD-4ED7-960E-5925AC764630.thumb.jpeg.f1c6f89f0774be1304aa7ea1633fbae2.jpeg

1 hour ago, 8tg said:

this one:

423C6F19-4F7E-49B3-A350-A93DF53CDE47.thumb.jpeg.8766f7f2bfaafbeaf59bda2f8baa4658.jpeg

that’s a nvidia 7800 GS on the agp bus, it being AGP is what makes it special here

they sell for a decent bit of money

74556D75-3E12-4AA0-958B-EBB04C768914.thumb.jpeg.ea325be2271abd045fbdbb1cc9a434c1.jpeg

E7FCBB0B-C21E-47EC-89CC-0C2E2291F8C2.thumb.jpeg.27f59375dd7d87e0d0d8a03d922854bf.jpeg

8A947B5C-59FB-463B-AA5B-8915CBEAFC04.thumb.jpeg.ccfb9de29eae57cedffa9fa255da717a.jpeg

If you paid $80 for this lot you made your money back on that single card alone.

That’s awesome man thank you, I really appreciate you pointing that out for me.  When I'm home I'll bee sure to take my time and properly go through everything. 

1 hour ago, 8tg said:

And this this one up here is a 6800 ultra

DBDB4C98-B483-483C-8663-D3B1B0263C81.jpeg.f61681cd961c4c16ee7cce28acbef8e4.jpeg

And while it’s not as valuable because it’s pcie and not agp for a 6800, it is evga. Early evga is popular for collectors simply because it’s evga. 

but the problem with cards like this is that it’s a niche market of people who are buying them, so prices go all over the place 

E98142A8-63CA-4894-AFE0-4082C5C405C4.thumb.jpeg.376d30f9ff9620fa681fb022ec8dcb3e.jpeg

one day It could be worth 100$+
540F3B96-1CCB-4982-A6AD-A0E58AC5BA6A.thumb.jpeg.9f0a228433120d432f913c0a894e5445.jpeg

the next it’s a third of that

01C6B0A1-F5BD-4ED7-960E-5925AC764630.thumb.jpeg.f1c6f89f0774be1304aa7ea1633fbae2.jpeg

Appreciate all your assistance man. Glad to see my gamble will at least see some profit.  I'm going to take my time with listing these since I'm not in a rush.  

You think listing a fair price on eBay and let them sit or gamble some more with the auction?   I also haven't sold on eBay in a very long time. but I currently have some i3 9100 listed at auction. Are auctions still the way to go?