Diskpart ?'s "Clean All" Command

tjrose91

i know the basics of this command it basically writes 0's across the entire drive preventing any data to be recovered on a HDD for SSD storage i belive the Bios Secure Erase does a good enough job, but i will only be able to test my theory about how well the command " Clean All" actually works as windows 10 has a date recovery built into the OS for free screw you paid  EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and other similar software

anyways, its hard to find a good article on google on this topic and wondered if anyone know more about this command

There are other free tools like photorec. You can also just make a small script to scan the drives raw data and search for anything thats not a 0. If its all zeros there is no data on it.

Both of those methods will wipe the drive, with it being very hard to recover any data.

2 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

There are other free tools like photorec. You can also just make a small script to scan the drives raw data and search for anything thats not a 0. If its all zeros there is no data on it.

Both of those methods will wipe the drive, with it being very hard to recover any data.

im in the process of doing the "Clean All" command with diskpart tool within windows, its a very time consuming thing to do the drive is still under warranty and I'm securing the drive already backed up the data 3 times once this is done im gonna do the built in recovery tool to see if i get back any data