PayPal trusted sellers ?

hey guys, i found a cheaply priced RTX card on fb marketplace and asked the seller to ship it to me, he accepted and i told him i use paypal goods and services only, and he said thats fine as thats how he receives his payment usually.

i checked his fb commerce profile and it shows many items marked as sold dating all the way back to 2019, he also mentioned that he's a trusted paypal seller, so paypal would release the money into his account before i receive the item, even if payed by goods and services.

can paypal accounts be bought? like could it be scammer who has a trusted paypal account and when i send the money and get scammed i wont be able to get my money back since they wont be held but would be already released in his account as a trusted seller? 

what do you guys think ?

Paypal has decent buyer protection. The real risk here is that it's a baked card that will fail in a month. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

You are getting protection either way. And if you have CC, you can use that with PayPal for extra protection.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

You are getting protection either way. And if you have CC, you can use that with PayPal for extra protection.

what is CC please? tried google but the results where confusing 

1 hour ago, Howdy_World said:

what is CC please? tried google but the results where confusing 

Credit Card.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

51 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Credit Card.

i once tried to do something like that and was successful but paypal marked my account as outstanding with the amount i charged back 

1 hour ago, Howdy_World said:

i once tried to do something like that and was successful but paypal marked my account as outstanding with the amount i charged back 

... Did you go through with their support with it? Charge backs are used if your card is wrongfully charged. Stores don't like it and may blacklist card as retaliation.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

... Did you go through with their support with it? Charge backs are used if your card is wrongfully charged. Stores don't like it and may blacklist card as retaliation.

no i didn't unfortunetly,  but i did a research and many people said that if you paid through paypal and did a charge back on your credit card that is hooked to your paypal account paypal would mark your account as outstanding