Phone upgrade - iPhone 14 Pro or iPhone 11 Pro

WAR Corporation
Go to solution Solved by MonkeyBomb,

Why not the 13?  Cause of the number?

With the 14 series coming out soon the 13's may drop a bit in price.

I'm not a fan of the rounded edges, I really like how the 12 series and up feel.  I had a 12 Pro Max and now a 13 Pro Max and honestly it's hard to notice any difference.  Both get great battery life and really decent screens.

If you can find a used 12, it's a good device

Hello,

Currently I have a Samsung S10e and, since its getting old, I'm thinking of upgrading to an iPhone, since my friend has 13 Pro and I think I'm in love with iPhones (lol).

I really can't decide, however, which iPhone I should get.

On one side, I love the curved feel of the XS and 11's, but they're not exactly up to date with the newer specs. On the other side, the squared feel isn't too bad, and I feel like with a case it's going to feel nicer.

I'm not getting a 13 pro for obvious reasons.

I also feel like if I get a 14 Pro, I can keep upgrading iPhones every year (selling it then putting 200-300€ more and getting a newer one)

What's important to me is:

- Cameras

- Speakers

- Curved design

- 120Hz (but 60Hz is fine, iPhones are smooth)

- Battery

I don't think I can get a new new iPhone 11 Pro either for less than 900€ where I live (Portugal).

Do you think I should get the 14 Pro? Or should I get a refurbished 11 Pro?

Thanks =)

PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

CPU Celeron n2830 - GPU Integrated - RAM 1x4GB DDR3 1333MHz - Storage 750 GB 5400RPM HDD

Operating System Windows 10 Home

I'm not a fan of the rounded edges, I really like how the 12 series and up feel.  I had a 12 Pro Max and now a 13 Pro Max and honestly it's hard to notice any difference.  Both get great battery life and really decent screens.

Desktop: Intel i7-13700K / Asus ROG Strix  z690-e / Nvidia 4080 FE / 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator / 2TB  WD SN850x  / 48" Lg C2 & 27" Asus ProArt

Plex Server: Dell OptiPlex 7010 /  i7-13700 /  32GB DDR5 / 1TB Samsung  990 Pro / Ubuntu

Laptop: M2 Macbook Air / 8G ram / 8core CPU / 10core GPU / 512GB SSD

NAS: Synology 1821+ , 2x Synology RS819 = 200TB 

I dont think upgrading your phone, selling it (remember taxes and such) is gonna save you much in the end. Iphone performance really hasnt changed much in a few years, same thing with android. Next years androids are looking like incremental upgrades performance wise, with some new camera gimmicks and sofrtware stuff.

Honestly just buy the phone that you actually need, spending more for something that you dont actuallly use isnt really needed. I got a note 4 and a note 9 because i have pretty large hands and im comfortable with it. I like having a headphone jack, but nothing of the higher end models have it anymore. My Note 9 has the Green screen issue, but otherwise it still does exactly what i need it to do. 

Generally always will Reccomend buy once and use it till it cant do what you ask  it to do or it has issues.

2 minutes ago, Cypher64 said:

Actually yeah, 13 Pro is tempting if it lowers the price by 100-150€ or more. Since I'm in Portugal, idk if the price reduction that the 13 Pro gets really justifies getting last years iPhone xD (we'll see though =))

I think I'm not going for the 12 pro route, since 120Hz xD

Pretty much, my problem is rounded-corners or 120Hz.

PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

CPU Celeron n2830 - GPU Integrated - RAM 1x4GB DDR3 1333MHz - Storage 750 GB 5400RPM HDD

Operating System Windows 10 Home