How to set up Dolby Atmos on my TV ?

Gustavo Dutra

So i got my pc and tv on the room. Quite close, but the pc uses a especific monitor while the tv has the console. Is there a way to transfer dolby atmos from my pc to the console or the tv in general ? Btw no home theater system just want the fake surround from dolby.

Call me naive but I genuinely don't think that's even how Atmos works... at all. Atmos is supposed to be scalable to any combination of surround sound speakers. But I'm pretty sure the minimum on that is 5.1.2.

Basically, your experience with TV speakers is going to sound no better (actually, probably worse) using Atmos over regular stereo.

"Although there's a problem on the horizon; there's no horizon." - K-2SO

20 minutes ago, dj_ripcord said:

Call me naive but I genuinely don't think that's even how Atmos works... at all. Atmos is supposed to be scalable to any combination of surround sound speakers. But I'm pretty sure the minimum on that is 5.1.2.

Basically, your experience with TV speakers is going to sound no better (actually, probably worse) using Atmos over regular stereo.

:[

It's posisble to plug in a TV and to use its built in speakers, the same way you would a monitor. TV speakers are usually pretty "eugh" because of how small and cramped they are. Not to mention the fact that they're not physically to your side, back and head.

Yep... Atmos is mainly about getting sound to spit out on 7+ audio channels (read: 7+ speakers that are correctly positioned, front, back and over head).

There are SOME benefits on 5 channel systems but REALLY unless you're willing to spend $1000+ on audio gear... atmos isn't really worth worrying about.

Some context - have an 11 channel atmos system, spent way too much time obsessing over speaker stuff. Get 2 good bookshelf speakers for a stereo system FIRST.

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800