No one is going to buy your PC

James
On 8/27/2022 at 6:16 AM, IkeaGnome said:

Ooo. Now this is quite cool, and also, with the top that seemingly has mounting for 5.25 inch drives, I can do a little modding to fit additional 5.25 inch drive as well. Now that's a good case.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

On 8/26/2022 at 8:42 AM, King_PIN said:

I have 4x32 for 128gbs of Trident Z Royal because I like it.

F$%K the haters.  IMG_20211115_054740.thumb.jpg.38a94615b49d1a5b6ba8dc74599480d1.jpg

Upright mounted gpu? First time ive seen that, how's the performance in this case with it standing up?

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

21 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

Ooo. Now this is quite cool, and also, with the top that seemingly has mounting for 5.25 inch drives, I can do a little modding to fit additional 5.25 inch drive as well. Now that's a good case.

I just transferred my 5900X / RTX3060ti build to a Pop XL Air (taller, ATX support with three front fans) with a Pioneer BDR-212BDK, and no major gripes. I like it better than the 4000X Corsair that build was in -- build runs 5-15C cooler in the Pop XL Air.

Be aware that if you buy one of these and want more fans, I have four brand-new ones from my build that I've never run, as I was swapping my Corsair Commander XT with six LL120s. Individual Aspect 12 RGBs may prove tough to find for a couple more months, though I think some prebuilders are scalping them when swapped out for other fans in custom builds.

So if you buy one of these cases and want more fans, PM me and make me an offer, plus shipping.

I don't know about top side accommodations for 5.25" drives, but factory 3.5" brackets can mount vertically on the steel panel side of the chassis. In either case, is your tape drive SATA compatible? If so, have you considered a USB external enclosure for your tape drive?

https://www.amazon.com/OWC-Mercury-Optical-External-Enclosure/dp/B06XRCCV44

https://www.amazon.com/External-eSATA-Enclosure-Burner-Writer/dp/B07J51W1H9

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

On 8/25/2022 at 11:19 PM, sub68 said:

I will say that Dell SFF get slept on alot.

But when you own one you just appreciate that it just works.

Agreed. An old i3-2100 Lenovo M71E SFF went back into battle when my 5900X build was driving me crazy (apparently flaky RAM or board just flat didn't like it). Of course, I was climbing the walls and wound up building a B450 / 3600X in the board's RMA interim, but this machine does what it can do quite well, it's just not that viable for gaming anymore.

Upgraded it with a 95W SR00B i7-2600, SATA M.2 with NGFF adapter, and an 8 TB WD Black as a web machine / media NAS. It's still glitchy and laggy for that purpose, though. I think it's going to need faster RAM, and more than 4GB of it. All in all, I only had around $70 in it before the HDD.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

So if you buy one of these cases and want more fans, PM me and make me an offer, plus shipping.

I'm in Malaysia, so even if you can give me a good offer, shipping is going to be astronomical (not to mention you have to go through custom), so thanks for the offer, but I won't be able to take advantage of it I'm afraid.

is your tape drive SATA compatible?

Unfortunately, it's SAS. I found an SAS tape drive enclosure, but they use a connector that my SAS card does not support (using SFF 8088), my card only has SFF 8087 ports, which I have a cable convert SAS 8087 to SFF 8482.

If so, have you considered a USB external enclosure for your tape drive?

Yeah, found a tape drive enclosure from old office. Works like a charm. Problem is SFF 8088 port the enclosure uses.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

3 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

Upgraded it with a 95W SR00B i7-2600, SATA M.2 with NGFF adapter, and an 8 TB WD Black as a web machine / media NAS. It's still glitchy and laggy for that purpose, though. I think it's going to need faster RAM, and more than 4GB of it. All in all, I only had around $70 in it before the HDD.

Mine for daily driving has a Samsung 970evo 500gb ssd, added 12gb of ram I had from my dads salvaged workstation and tp link wireless card.

what I love about optiplexs is that all the components worth fixing ( ssd, ram, hdd  and cpu) are COTS. 
the rest of the components is dirt cheap to buy off eBay.

you can get decent gpus (quadro series)  For these machines.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Just now, sub68 said:

Mine for daily driving has a Samsung 970evo 500gb ssd, added 12gb of ram I had from my dads salvaged workstation and tp link wireless card.

what I love about optiplexs is that all the components worth fixing ( ssd, ram, hdd  and cpu) are COTS. 
the rest of the components is dirt cheap to buy off eBay.

you can get decent gpus (quadro series)  For these machines.

Yeah, I had my eye on a low-pro GTX1650. Unfortunately, I'm experiencing laggy video recording / playback, so considering a PCIe M.2 RAID, which would take the single x16 slot. It's not my primary rig, more a project that might wind up being a NAS, so not a priority.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

8 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Yeah, I had my eye on a low-pro GTX1650. Unfortunately, I'm experiencing laggy video recording / playback, so considering a PCIe M.2 RAID, which would take the single x16 slot. It's not my primary rig, more a project that might wind up being a NAS, so not a priority.

Oh interesting. That’s not how I would run it but that’s me.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

8 minutes ago, sub68 said:

Oh interesting. That’s not how I would run it but that’s me.

As I said, considering. I've honestly considered swapping out the 8TB WD Black for a 1TB I got much cheaper and flip the machine for a couple hundred so I can get a video capture card for my 5900X.

Only reason I was considering a media NAS is so I could share my movie collection with a relative I live with, without a lot of fuss and muss, but it's clear they don't want to be bothered with learning anything to do so. Of course, if they don't understand my reasons, they think every idea I have is stupid, so there is that. As I said, project, not priority, but it does run perfectly otherwise, so I hate to just trash it.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

As I said, project, not priority, but it does run perfectly otherwise, so I hate to just trash it.

Before you now it you have like 5 of them

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang