Best electronic component online store

gastew15

I've decided to get back into electrical design fun and have my new Arduino and full set up, but I was curious if anyone has any good websites for components I'll need. I know RadioShack obviously, but they seem to have gone down hill, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any really good stores. Reasons why would be preferred. (US stores would also be preferred for shipping time/cost) Thanks for any suggestions

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Amazon is good if you don't mind having 10 of everything

Pilates

I like digikey but they are not at all suited for small orders. Prices are much better ordering in bulk.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I've decided to get back into electrical design fun and have my new Arduino and full set up, but I was curious if anyone has any good websites for components I'll need. I know RadioShack obviously, but they seem to have gone down hill, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any really good stores. Reasons why would be preferred. (US stores would also be preferred for shipping time/cost) Thanks for any suggestions

Even though i'm in the uk, I really don't think you can go wrong with amazon. Their prices are acceptable.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

I like digikey but they are not at all suited for small orders. Prices are much better ordering in bulk.

Well I'll still keep it in mind though, since I might end up just ordering a bunch to have around.

A two web sites that are good for arduino stuff are https://www.sparkfun.com/ and https://www.adafruit.com/ sure i will think of others later lol

digikey.com and mouser.com are good for cheap parts 

Yea, Adafruit is great for alot of things and I try to get as much as I can from them for a lot of my stuff. Sparkfun and mouser look quite good, so I'll definitely check them out.

Amazon is good if you don't mind having 10 of everything

Even though i'm in the uk, I really don't think you can go wrong with amazon. Their prices are acceptable.

The only problem I have with Amazon is I don't really like buying electronics from them for whatever reason.. I don't ever really feel like I know where I'm at and where everything is when I do. I'm not really sure why as it's really only for electronics though..

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Yea, Adafruit is great for alot of things and I try to get as much as I can from them for a lot of my stuff. Sparkfun and mouser look quite good, so I'll definitely check them out.

I have ordered from both sparkfun and mouser and they are both good sites. The nice think about sparkfun is if you look at things they tend to show schematics of how things could be connected and sometimes even example codes for arduinos. Mouser is really good if you are looking for parts for making things. I have bough attinys voltage regulators and MOSFETs as well as other things there for good prices.

I really butchered what I was saying when you quoted me.

Amazon.

Newwegg.

I just use amazon.

For all and everything tech or not.

Except groceries and cloths.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Amazon.

Newwegg.

I just use amazon.

For all and everything tech or not.

Except groceries and cloths.

Yea, not the biggest fan of Amazon for electronic components myself though. Also, does Newegg sell electrical components?

Amazon, Newegg, NCIX if they didn't take a million years. All of my system is from: FrozenCPU, Amazon, and Newegg. PerformancePCs too, but not really.

You know I was talking about components for electronics and not computer parts right? :P

Yea, not the biggest fan of Amazon for electronic components myself though. Also, does Newegg sell electrical components?

You know I was talking about components for electronics and not computer parts right? :P

lol, they still are good places.

Well I'll still keep it in mind though, since I might end up just ordering a bunch to have around.

Electronics are good to have around. Always order way more than you need :P

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"