First ever build - would love feedback on the parts I have picked

Budget (including currency): $2500 - $3000 AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly for gaming, although I don't currently play games that require high graphics I would still love to have the option there if I choose to in future. I am also a graphic designer so need a computer that would run Adobe Programs with ease.

Other details (I've attached my current list) and am planning on buying at the end of the year/early next year, I already have a monitor that supports up to 1440p. Will also need to purchase an OS 

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/3wTkqm This is also the link to the build!

PC Parts.png

Check the RAM's specific SKU against the board's QVL list, and also its speed against the max supported by the CPU. I have had a random POST failure with a 5900X build that apparently was due to non-QVL RAM. DIMMs failed in a test build and have been replaced with RAM from the board's QVL, so far, no further issues and even seems a bit snappier.

There has also been a pattern of certain Corsair RAM kits not playing well with certain Ryzens. Haven't quite figured out what, if any, the common denominators are yet. But it could very well be related to what I just mentioned.

You might also consider the Asus KO-RTX3060ti-8GB-OC if they are available in AU. Amazon has them for $500 USD, not sure what that equates to in AUD.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Could you post the link instead? In general at this price point I'd probably be waiting for the am5 release, but if you want to buy now, I'd probably switch to a intel build instead

3 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

Could you post the link instead? In general at this price point I'd probably be waiting for the am5 release, but if you want to buy now, I'd probably switch to a intel build instead

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/3wTkqm This is the link! Is there much of a difference between intel and AMD? I've read that amd is better but honestly have no clue!

13 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Asus KO-RTX3060ti-8GB

Comes to around $900 AUD, is there much of a jump between the 3060 and the 3060ti? just because it is around $300 more than just the 3060 so wondering if its worth it.

9 minutes ago, jelliebellie said:

Comes to around $900 AUD, is there much of a jump between the 3060 and the 3060ti? just because it is around $300 more than just the 3060 so wondering if its worth it.

The ti is faster, yes, but I'm not sure I'd spend another 50% for it. I also have an Asus Phoenix GTX1650 OC ($200 USD) with a 3600X and an Asus GTX1650S-4GB-OC ($150 USD on sale in 2020) with a 1700, but having paid $850 USD for the card I mentioned about six months ago, I'm thinking either the games I play don't really push the GPU that hard, or the major difference between the GTX1650 / GTX1650S and the RTX3060ti is purely speed and FPS. Of course, I primarily play American Truck Simulator and BeamNG.drive, haven't really gotten into FPS games for some time, at least since GZDoom.

Further, I would consider the WD Blue SN570. Generally a better bang for the buck than the Samsung Evos. Don't get me wrong, the Evos are faster, but they're pricey as well, and past 3,500 mbps, you really don't notice the extra speed anyway unless you're doing sustained writing, which makes a PCIe4 M.2 run hotter anyway, and is detrimental to service life.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

5 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

The ti is faster, yes, but I'm not sure I'd spend another 50% for it. I also have an Asus Phoenix GTX1650 OC ($200 USD) with a 3600X and an Asus GTX1650S-4GB-OC ($150 USD on sale in 2020) with a 1700, but having paid $850 USD for the card I mentioned about six months ago, I'm thinking either the games I play don't really push the GPU that hard, or the major difference between the GTX1650 / GTX1650S and the RTX3060ti is purely speed and FPS. Of course, I primarily play American Truck Simulator and BeamNG.drive, haven't really gotten into FPS games for some time, at least since GZDoom.

Yeah, thanks so much for ur advice. Thinking I might stick with the 3060 because I'm not super focused on FPS so wouldn't be economical for the $300 price jump!

23 minutes ago, jelliebellie said:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/3wTkqm This is the link! Is there much of a difference between intel and AMD? I've read that amd is better but honestly have no clue!

Nothing wrong with your list, just a bit expensive on the parts side 

Better build for 33 cents more 

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/JkfbyK

12600kf since it beats amd in single core and matches it in multi core

Good 360 aio 

Z690 steel legend since It's aparrently cheaper than the b660 one

Same kit of ram but 3200 cl16

Cheaper 1tb storage

3070 instead of a 3060

Same case and psu 

3 minutes ago, jelliebellie said:

Yeah, thanks so much for ur advice. Thinking I might stick with the 3060 because I'm not super focused on FPS so wouldn't be economical for the $300 price jump!

To clarify, the FPS i referred to earlier was First Person Shooter. But with the right settings, I've seen decent frames per second (also FPS) out of the 1650s I have as well. For example, I've seen similar FPS from the 1650s using 1080p or 1440p that I would see from the 3060ti at 4K.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

5 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

Nothing wrong with your list, just a bit expensive on the parts side 

Better build for 33 cents more 

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/JkfbyK

12600kf since it beats amd in single core and matches it in multi core

Good 360 aio 

Z690 steel legend since It's aparrently cheaper than the b660 one

Same kit of ram but 3200 cl16

Cheaper 1tb storage

3070 instead of a 3060

Same case and psu 

Thanks so much, I have little knowledge on parts and seeing how it can be upgraded spending almost the same price as the original is amazing!